Please Help Me!!

gdomaracki

Okay so Ive postes on here the past few months about my blood pressure gettinf high randomly and I had cut back to 1/4 tab of florinef before Christmas. Then after broncitis and prednisone, my body crashed and I had to go up to half a tablet again. Everything was good till another month went by and wham my bp is up and Im feeling lousy. So the er dox tells me to stop taking the florinef and midodrine, that my body is able to make blood pressure on ita own now. So I cut the midodrine to 5 and the florinef to 1/4 tablet again. Numbers were real good for another month and then came my period and wham there sky high, so I quit taking the midodrine and florinef (1/4) tablet two days ago. Since then my blood pressure hasnt dropped at all and now my heart rate is up as well. Im having constant adrenal surges, high bp on sitting and standing, heart rate is all over the place, Im cold then sweaty, feels like my heart is going to pop out of my chest. I cant calm down or stop crying, I feel like my body is out of control. Is it possible that I need to go back up on the florinef so that my autonomic nervous system settles down? Can the florinef actually stabilize blood pressure? Ahhh Idk what to do and neither do the docs, Im feeling worse and considering just taking the florinef to see if I feel better. Please somebody help me!!

At the risk of giving bad advice I wonder if your body will stabilize on it's own in time.

If you try drinking plenty of fluids and rest.

If your bp was dipping I would think yeah you need the florinef but with it I creasing I don't know.

Can you review this with your primary care physician?

Hi Blondie,

I'm very sorry you're feeling like this. It can be overwhelming & frightening, I know. I am experiencing some of the same things myself- on the heels of a sinus, cold thing last month.

I think Lieze is right about fluids & rest. I was on Florinef when first diag'd, and after about year could not tolerate it suddenly. Midodrine, I tried for a very short time, and couldn't tolerate either.

I wish I had some miracle concoction to help you get through this....or help us all get rid of POTS for that matter....But truly all I can do is wish you gentle healing, and calm for today. Salts, fluids, and rest.

Hang in there.

Have you let the doctor who prescribes your florinef and midodrine about your fluctuations in BP and symptoms? Maybe there's another medication that will keep you from having such swings in BP. I apologize if you've already gone this route before. Like the other folks advised, sometimes I just have to let time pass until my body figures out how to behave properly again.

Guest tearose

Could it be that you became tolerant of the drugs?

I would wonder if you could bare up with the withdrawal effects that you may feel an improvement once they are totally out of your system.

I hope you feel better soon.

best regards,

tearose

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. Day three without the florinef, just 5mg of midodrine and 10 of inderal, my bp is good laying down and sitting around 120/80 to 115/70 heart rate under 100 but now when I stand my bp is dropping 95/68 was the lowest with a heart rate of 130. Its like everything that was happening has completely switched, Id like to continue to stay off the florinef I just have to figure out how to get my bp to stay up when I stand. Any suggestions? .. I notice too that I get hot and sweaty after Im up for a bit then once I law down things slow back down. Im hoping my body will adjust and its just gonna take time to stabilze. Hopefully quick cuz Ive missed so much work that they told me I might get let go if I keep missing more from being sick :,( Sorry to vent, I just have no one that understands what Im going through and my frustration. Its amazing how one day our bodies do one thing and then the next the complete opposite.

When you say that your storming do you mean that you are experiencing adrenal surges? When ive had these and once I had them every dayu constantly for a year and it was terrible, I used beta blockers and valarian. Ashwagandha also helped. Get rid of the adrenal feeling first, then worry about testing yourself orthostatically. I usually wait for the adrenal thing to settle, then combat the orthostatic problems. Things usually and should improve. Im now running 4ksm three times a week and two years ago I couldnt sit.