Companion And Service Dogs

DancingLight

Many years ago we had a member (a she may still be a member, as I have not been online much), who bred companion dogs.

She had POTS and her family bred Newfoundlands and Boxers for companion animals.

I cannot find the name of their farm or remember her name/username.

Are there any 'oldies' online who might remember who I am talking about and be able to steer me in the right direction?

THANK YOU!

Emily

DancingLight,

In regards to companion or service dogs, my daughter trained her bullmastiff to be a service dog. I called a government office to see what were the requirements for this title and I actually talked to a live person. Even though there are many sites on the net as to getting your dog licensed to be a service dog there is no government agency that actually regulates this. I couldn't believe it, but as I was talking to the gentleman over the phone, he assured me that as long as the dog was wearing a service vest, which you can get online, the dog was obedient, no one has the right to ask you about your disability or why you need the dog "hippa" laws, your medical history is private. So get yourself a dog and start training and you'll be able to have your own service dog without all the cost. My daughter takes her dog everywhere and has not been asked once in regards to why she is using the dog or has been denied to enter any place with her dog. She has traveled all over and has taken that dog with her.

Maggie