Sick And Symptoms Vs. Period

jbenz1772

My symptoms starting picking up terribly last week. Feel like I was hit by a truck. Out of breath just taking a shower or eating. I started getting cold symptoms on Sunday, but I was also starting my cycle on Sat(which also seems to be not normal this time) Wondering what happens to your symptoms when you get a cold? or your cycle?

thanks,

Jennifer

My daughter just got a double whammy-bronchitis with tonsillitis! I'm very glad that I brought her to the doctor right away. She's been on antibiotics for 5 days and still feels awful. Her dizziness has been bad again with this.

You are getting two things at once, which can be very hard on your body. Make sure you especially keep up the fluids, get lots of rest, and try to be patient with yourself. It isn't fair but people with autonomic issues just take longer to get better.

Take care,

Brenda

Oh my Gosh, I just went through this last month. I started feeling much worse and didn't know why. My heart was pounding more than usual and I was much more dizzy. A week later, cold symptoms started. I had a nasty cold and then just as I was getting better, caught another cold and started my period. I don't understand why the POTS symptoms get so much before/with a cold. It's like the body just completely overreacts. And my period defintely makes POTS worse --usually the first three days are the worst. Anyway it has taken over a month to *start* feeling a little better. So I feel your pain ... and hope this passes quickly for you.

Hi... not much new to add but YES!!! You will feel worse during both. I have endometriosis and a lot of pain, so I am a mess for up to 2 weeks. The exhaustion and weakness is rough. Plus vomiting, GI, fainting. I am getting sick right now, and I literally have been on the couch for days. I am too tired to move and I know my chronic bronchitis is coming. Though I am trying hard to keep it at bay. I get sick for 3 months twice a year with the lung issues. But the fatigue is much worse when any secondary issue develops. It is normal for us. I am lucky, I only pass out when something else is coupling the condition like standing in the heat, or while sick, or from extreme pain, seeing blood, etc. For me, I am extremely sensitive and I feel all the pots symptoms at 1000% when something else contributes. The gravity thing is a constant, but add one more thing and I really can't fight it. So, rest up and take care of yourself!!! Feel better!!

Thank you all for helping not feel so alone. My neuro's RN finally got back to me. She said the neuro has been really busy this week but she will call to go over "everything" with me. That given the testing last week, the cold/cough that started, migraine on Sat and starting my period, I'm having a "flare-up" of my "condition". To just drink fluids and get lots of rest this weekend. She seemed to be skirting around that the tests showed a diagnosis finally, but she has to wait for the Dr. to tell me herself. She should call next week sometime.

Thanks for all your responses and I look forward to the help you all can be.

Jennifer