Sex Life

sparksc1

I just completed incomplete work from last semester in my human sexuality class. There was a whole section on chronic illnesses and sex in the book and it got me thinking. I'm male and I know most POTS patients are female so the difficulties will most likely differ but I was wondering if and how POTS effects anyone's sex life. I was diagnosed when I was 16 and didn't really have an active sex life until I was 20, so I dont know if what I am experiencing is what sex actually feels like, or I am desensitized. I dont suffer from ED, I just have a hard time actually feeling anything. I can reach climax, but its not that awesome. I think a totally healthy persons climax is better...if that makes sense. I know its embarrassing to talk about, but I am just looking for answers before I have an even more awkward face to face with my doctor about it.

Sorry your having problems. I have hyper POTs, from my understanding I guess I've had this all of my life. So, I cant really say that there is a difference in orgasm. I do have them, and they vary in intensity anyway. There is a big difference in my energy levels which has changed the frequency of sex. If you are experiencing physical problems as you stated, talk to your dr. Honestly, even if it's a mental thing you should still talk to your dr about. I wish you luck.

I have also had POTS all my life, Im a woman, and I would say it is harder for me then most to get in the mood, but I really don't know if its POTS or just me. Plus its hard to tell if I am having an orgasm or not, because they are hardly ever intense.

im probably not much help as im also female but just wanted to say that medications can effect these things too. Off the top of my head i know some bp meds can affect mens erectile function and sensation and some ssri's are know to affect libido and abilty to orgasm. I was put on prozac a few years ago and completely lost my libido. I guess its logical to think that anything that affects blood flow and vessel contraction/relaxation and nerve reactions can affect the sexual organs to.x