Shaking Uncontrollably

gertie

I've probably asked this before but didn't feel like doing a search. Do you sometimes get the shakes? Sometimes when I have visitors that have on a fragrance or maybe just the scent of their clothes causes me to have a reaction such as coughing, throat clearing, migraine etc. I know this is chemical sensitivity but often after they have left I start shaking & feel so cold I think I am dying. I may even have to have a BM. I know this is caused from autonomic nervous system but that doesn't make it any less scary. I don't have anyone to talk to about this & hope someone here can help. Thanks.

Yeah I do the shaking usually at the end of my episodes.

I'm sorry you're going through this I know how awful it feels.

Do you feel overly excited after these visits.

I know when I was younger and something like that happened I would feel very nervous and go get food and eat tons.

Like it gave me a ravenous appetite.

I don't get excited (in a good way) over the visits as much as I get angry. They know these odors make me ill yet they still continue to expose me to them. I really need to see people altho it would be easier & more calming to be alone. I guess it's true, "what can't be cured must be endured".

Thanks for your replies.

Hi Alicia,

I get muscle twitching and shaky when I try to do physical things like walking too much, going down stairs, or typing too much sometimes. I have been more sensitive to scents lately also. But I get the flushing, hot flash episodes, and it makes my lungs burn. I guess everybody reacts differently to what bothers them.

Hi Alicia,

DO you take your blood pressure when this happens? I only get the cold sensation and shivering, not really shaking when my bp spikes. I also start to get nauseated. IMO, when you start having any symptoms it's good to check your bp. Honestly, after a while you get used to it, and in most situations you have an idea of what is going on with your body, bp and pulse.

Now the tremors/ body shakes I get aren't associated with cold or hot sensations or anything else for that matter. Everything can be normal(for me anyway) and I can still get these horrible tremors. I havent had them in a while, thank God, and I'm praying I don't ever have them again. Other than dizzies they are the worst symptom for me.

Hi Alicia,

I get muscle twitching and shaky when I try to do physical things like walking too much, going down stairs, or typing too much sometimes. I have been more sensitive to scents lately also. But I get the flushing, hot flash episodes, and it makes my lungs burn. I guess everybody reacts differently to what bothers them.

Hi Godsgal,

The shaking upon physical activity actually sounds like hypoglycemia. A lot of us on the forum have problems with this. Just do a search on hypoglycemia on the forum and you will find a lot of information on what everyone is doing to combat this. Also, from your other post I agree that you should eliminate the gluten. It can be hard at first, but even if you are just sensitive to gluten you will notice a difference in a few weeks. Good luck and I hope you feel better.