What Would Be Better?

icesktr189

I need my wisdom teeth out bad. I have an appointment next week to talk about removing them with the oral surgeon. I have been under general once for tonsils/adenoids removed, but my POTS was much better and more stable at the time. Right now I am a POTS/ Epstein Barr Virus mess.

I have not been under twilight ever and that would worry me, but I dont know how i would do with general again. I am almost at the point of letting them do local, but the bottom two need to be cut out and i dont think i would make it through with out some sort of anxiety attack. Help! really need some advise!

The most important thing to do is talk with your dr about your problems and reservations.

I had mine taken out with just novacaine without epi. I only felt a little bit of pressure through the whole thing. But I also only had two them had to take out, however they were impacted. They had me hooked up to a bp machine and ekg to make sure nothing happened. I was nervous and very tense. I kept trying to focus on things, like reciting thigns over and over in my mind. i ended up coutning the whole time, I don't know why. After that I only was given an antbiotic and ibprofun because he didn't want to risk reactions to anything stronger.

YOu know, it wasn't a fun experience but for me at least, it was the best it could have been. i know I'm not the best with going under or strong pain killes. I ended up icing my facing alot & boy did I swell! BUT i was better in a wee k or so.

If you do have to go under, maybe he can give you just a baby dose. When I had an upper gi, they gave me a baby dose of local and it knocked me out. they kept me monitored there too in case I woke up or anything wacky happened

for me, airing on the conservative side unless i am in clear need of something stronger works the best & I have to keep telling myself "this to shall pass"

hope this helps.