Dr In Manassas, Va Area?

A woman with POTS/MSA-like symptoms contacted me via DINET today. She has been very ill for two years with no answers and is basically bedridden--is unable to post to the forum at this time due to browser limitations. She cannot travel long distances. I told her I would ask if anyone on the forum could recommend a doctor close to Manassas, VA. Thanks!

Dr. Hasan Abdallah of the Children's Heart Institute in Reston, Virginia. Dr. Abdallah has worked with Dr. Grub and specializes in pots. While his office deals mostly with pediatric cardiology, he does see adult patients with pots. He has several locations and one may be in Manassas but Reston is not that far away. Telephone # is 1-866-645-4055.

I would recommend Dr. Ramesh Khurana in Columbia, Md. He is listed on DINET's list of doctors. Columbia is around an hour and 15 minutes or so away from Manassas according to Mapquest. I'm sure that depends where in Manassas she lives.

Babette

Add-on to previous post- I just searched to see how far Manassas was from Weston and saw its only about a half an hour away. Therefore I assume Columbia will also be too far for her to drive. :(

I travel 4 hours to see Dr. Khurana but my husband drives me.

Babette

Thanks for the info. Yeah apparently even 30 min is too far to be feasible for her. It makes me wonder--shouldn't there be some sort of service that ill people can access for transportation--especially in one of the the wealthiest urban areas on the planet??

I got good news from her tonight. She e-mailed that the new, local gp she saw today BELIEVED her symptoms (finally) and spent two hours with her. He is ordering tests and agrees with her that she may have POTS. Hopefully this is a sign that more gp's are aware of autonomic dysfunction. Hoping she can now get the care she needs.