Gaba And Niacin Supplements

Gaba is an amino acid and does work on the anxiety centers in the brain. It is one of the neurotransmitters of the brain, like serotonin, dopamine, acetylcholine. For some people it works wonderful. Niacin is a B vitamin and also can help relieve stress and is sometimes given to people with schizophrenia because it helps mood and personality disorders. It will however cause a very bad flush because it helps blood flow in your body too. If you are real deficient in it the flush will be worse, as you adjust and get more balanced the flush should get less. There is also niacinamide, which does not cause the flush - but will also not help if there are cholesterol issues. As regular niacin helps with that. I personally can't take either. But, you won't know unless you try them yourself and see how your body reacts to them. I can take niacinamide, but not the niacin. Hope this helps a little.

I would second issie's caution about taking the Niacin.

When I went to ER the doctor there was saying some people have similar reactions as to what I had when taking Niacin.

I remember specifically a woman telling about a bad reaction she has after taking it where she took it, jumped in the car to go somewhere and about ran her car right into a stop sign.

I'm thinking it just might cause you to have an episode.