Turmeric

MomtoGiuliana

Thank you so much for sharing that. I read it completely and am excited to add it to my supplements of licorice tablets and my hair skin and nail vitamins.... however, im confused..... do we buy the tumeric or the curcumin, or both?

thanks again

hilbiligrl

Does it have any side effects, drug interactions or anything else that anyone is aware of?

I had GREAT results with it- alleviated my cognitive fog and gave me lots of extra energy UNTIL I developed an allergic reaction to it. For me, it manifested as a persistent burning feeling on my shoulders, and eventually one of my eyes wouldn't stop twitching. Once I stopped the turmeric, those symptoms went away. I was very disappointed as the benefits were HUGE.

I say try it in a low dose and work up. Just be on the look-out for side effects.

Julie

To Mack's Mom: what kind of tumeric did you buy? like maybe from a health food store or online?

thanks

hilbiligrl

I buy a POUND of tumeric at my local Asian/Indian/Pakistani grocery for about what you'd pay at the grocery store for a small container--I think the last time I picked it up, it was 3.99 for a pound.

I have another question. I had thought indian food was hot and spicy and hurt the stomach..... anything and everything hurts my stomach and causes acid indegestion, even water..... would this aggravate an already ill stomach?

thanks again

hillbiligrl

Tumeric is in the ginger family. Ginger is very good for naseau and the stomach - but both are warming herbs. I try to not take either on an empty stomach because it can cause your stomach to burn. Start out slowly and build up. In the long run it will be good for your stomach.

As I said earlier, just buy the spice and put it in your own capsules. So much cheaper.

They are finding tumeric to be good for so much: cancer, pain, heart etc.

After reading this article, I began drinking turmeric tea every day. I noted the article stated it is best absorbed with an ingredient in black pepper, so I add this and honey to about a teaspoon of the ground spice. It doesn't taste bad.

I do not notice any change in how I feel after a week...(it may take longer for any effect), but since it seems to have many good effects (beyond what it may do for POTS) I plan to keep using it.