Upsher Smith Midodrine - Anyone Use This?

iheartcats

My Midodrine generic was changed from Global (which I liked well enough) to Upsher Smith. I did a search and no one has really talked about this generic.

Apparently Midodrine is getting harder to obtain and this is the generic I could get.

My doctor said since it's a 3-month supply if my current dosage doesn't work we'll have to adjust it a bit, but hopefully that'll be the worst of it.

I'm hoping it works out as I have 180-day supply of the stuff and I'd like to have enough Midodrine to get through 2011.

• 1 month later...

I'm on the new Upsher-Smith Midodrine. I think it's a slight adjustment. It might be a bit weaker than my other one so I think I'll have to be on the ball taking it every 6 hours or so.

On the weekend I sleep in and 'miss' my morning dose sometimes so I can tell it more then...but I know generics can be 80-120% and this one probably runs on the lower end for me, but you can never be certain with POTS.

I take Midodrine 5mg 3xday, the generic brand made by Mylan Pharmaceuticals-white, round, scorable 2.5mg tablets. I tolerate the side effects of goose bumps, skin crawling and head itching, but the benefits to be able to walk and do things out weigh the side effects. Let us know how the new generic brand by Upsher Smith works as it is good to have other generics available.:rolleyes: