Blood Pressure Monitor

gdomaracki

I currently have the Omron HEM 712c and after being at the hospital, Im not sure its reading accurately. It has been reading low but at the hospital it was high. Its super important that I have precise readings because Im changing medicine due to my recent flare up.

What type of monitor do you have? Which ones have ypu had trouble with?

I currently have the Omron HEM 712c and after being at the hospital, Im not sure its reading accurately. It has been reading low but at the hospital it was high. Its super important that I have precise readings because Im changing medicine due to my recent flare up.

What type of monitor do you have? Which ones have ypu had trouble with?

I've got a ReliOn HEM-412CREL but sometimes it gets confused as well. Any of the automatic cuffs will sometimes get confused with our wonky readings. I test mine on my husband, using him as a control subject. The other thing to do is take the cuff to your closest doctor's office and have the nurse do a manual reading on you and check it against the cuff. My first cuff was an ancient thing and I got a new one when my old doctor told me that I couldn't possibly be having BP readings like what I was getting. I got a new cuff and it did the exact same thing! So the next time I was at the docs, the nurse took it and all the readings were accurate: old, new and manual cuffs. It really was 128/110 or 90/70! There are certain things that will cause inaccuracies every time though: incorrect arm position, incorrect cuff position and muscle tension.

I have the same one that you have the OMRON HEM-712C, I have been using it for 5 years now and I can count on one hand the times I have had trouble with it. Generally if I get a reading that is either really low or really high I will take it another time or two just to verify it. I spoke to my pharmacist and cardio about getting another monitor because this one is a pain to carry around. I was looking into the small wrist monitors, I was told that although some are a lot more accurate than others and they are still not as accurate as the arm cuffs are.