Some hydration help info...it helps!

violahen

Hi:

I am new to the forum, and LOVE it. What a great outlet! Thank you ALL for your participation.

I just wanted to let you all know of a product I have discovered that really seems to help me with hydration and electrolyte issues.

It is called Hydralyte. It is a Gatorade type product but without so much of the sugar and additives. It was designed specifically for people who need to replenish fluids and electrolytes FAST. It comes in a powder form. You just add water. I found it online...if you do a Google search for Hydralyte you'll find it. You could probably find it in some health food stores as well.

I have real issues with keeping fluids and electrolytes in check. My body doesn't seem to be able to regulate electrolytes at all anymore, so this stuff is a big help.

If you have similar issues, I REALLY recommend it.

Kristen

Hi Kristin and welcome to the forum. Dehydration is such a big issue with POTS so I am glad that you have found something that works for you. I was so excited when someone posted about this product months ago and I ordered several packages. Unfortunately for me it upset my electrolyte balance terribly and I had to stop drinking it. Someone else I recall had the same problem. But, we are all different and something that works for 1 doesn't for the others. That's why it is so good we share all the good and the bad experiences!!

I hope you will share more of your story so we can get to know you better. Looking forward to your posts!

hey there..

Good idea! hydration is so important to everyone , but especially to us POTS people. I use a simular type of hydration drink as you described, its a powder you add to a glass, or bottle and fil up with water and it is really good at replacing electrolites and keeping you hydrated throughout the day, its called Staminade sport. I am unsure if it is sold in America or anywhere else though, i live in Australia. It might be though, i am not sure where my mum purchased it from, i think it was a supermarket or health food store. Hope that helps.

luv kybutterfly. :):)