Do You Get Low Blood Sugar?

sue1234

Do you get low blood sugar?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have had very severe syptoms of hypoglycemia. It has never shown up in a random blood sugar draw though. I just think it's the whole hormonal system breakdown that occurs with this type of condition. I have been able to control mine with cutting out grains and sugars. Heavy protein and good fats.

I meant replacing it with lots of protein and good fats like avocados, olive oil etc.

Yes, blood sugar issues. Insulin resistance problems. Your body doesn't take the insulin into the cells properly. As a youngster - 12 years old I've had severe hypoglycemia as an adult it swings - not real high but higher than what is now considered normal. Depending on what I eat - makes the difference of what happens with it. I'm now on a new diet - no sugar, milk or glutten. I'm feeling a lot better. Also, have lowered the salt down and even though I think I'm still not uptaking fluids correctly - I do feel better. My kidneys don't seem to hurt as bad and my energy is getting better. Since finding out that autoimmune issues do play a part in me - this diet should help that considerably. I'm starting to lose weight too. Which is a big plus.

I was found to have lots of fluctuations in my glucose levels. I mostly have lows though and they dip really quite low. I was lucky enough for my doctor to catch them with a random glucose metre test but my actual blood tests always came out normal. My doctor decided not to treat it but I have had to change my eating habits. Everything is much more stable now that I am no longer working. :)

• 1 year later...