Is anyone else taking Neurontin?

Jersey Girl

I feel like I've taken a small step backwards because I needed to go back on Neurontin. I am only taking a small dose-100 mg three times a day, but my neck,shoulder, back and leg muscles have been in a total spasm and I've been more dizzy than usual. 2 1/2 years ago I was prescribed 400 mg four times a day because you could've ironed a shirt on my neck and back muscles--it made me so exhausted (or I WAS so exhausted) then that I tapered off of it after a year and have taken it occasionally since. If I take a hogher dose it gives me palpitations of the worst kind. I am thinking of trying the Klonopin as many on this forum seem to get relief from it. Just curious if anyone else has found relief with Neurontin. Martha (with POTS)

Neurontin has been a lifesaver for me. I had progresive muscle weakness on my left side and severe daily migraines until neurontin. Now, I am doing much much better. No longer using my cane daily. I am having a bit of a setback after two years on Neurontin. Breakthrough migraines, but I am a grad student, stressed and have had a bunch of secondary health problems. My neck is horrible too, the worst that my masseuse and my two rheumatologists have ever seen! It is also due to constant muscle spasms. It is quite painful! Neurontin does not get rid of the spasms, but it lessens the pain. My standing endurance is much better on neurontin too. I take 1200 mg 3 times daily. I am 23 years old and have had dysautonomia for 8 years.

Leah