Emg Test

TheLivingDead

does this test help? or is it ust a pointless test so they can bill your ins?

im getting this test tomm. and was wondering if anyone has had this test and if it had provided any answers to your questions?

I just had the test last week. The test was performed to determine if I definitively had large fiber neuropathy, since I was previously diagnosed just on subjective measures. Luckily, my test results came back NORMAL so I don't have large fiber neuropathy, which often can be progressive.

The results were provided immediately following the test. Even though the test did not yield any results that will help in my treatment plan, it did serve to eliminate a lot of other disorders that could have been caused many of my symptoms. For that, I am grateful.

Good Luck on your test!!

Bev Ray

TLD: I just had this test two weeks ago to rule out large fiber neuropathy since I was just diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy. I think it's a useful test, but I guess by now you've had it done! How did it go and what did they find out?

Bev Ray,

Do you have small fiber neuropathy?

Cheers,

Jana

TLD: I just had this test two weeks ago to rule out large fiber neuropathy since I was just diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy. I think it's a useful test, but I guess by now you've had it done! How did it go and what did they find out?

Bev Ray,

Do you have small fiber neuropathy?

Cheers,

Jana

Yes, I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy through QSART testing. Based on that testing, I have it primarily in my feet and legs.

My next appointment with the neurologist is Oct.7 and I plan to ask her if my SFN is due to POTS, Autonomic Neuropathy, or another separate issue. I also want to know if SFN is permanent and progressive.

uckily, I haven't suffered too much from SFN, but I think it's because I'm on a high dose of Cymbalta for my fibromyalgia. From research on the internet, I learned that SFN can be treated by both Lyrica and Cymbalta, both of which are prescribed to treat Cymbalta as well.

I'll share any info I learn from the neruologist about SFN and its effect on the body.