Do I have POTS?

allie8nk

Alie,

I know these symptoms must be frightening and frustrating for you to deal with. ;) You should probably find a doctor who will take your symptoms seriously and who will take the time to do further testing on you, such as a complete blood work up, measure your BP and you heart rate while sitting and then when standing up, as well as getting an EKG, MRI, a tilt -table test, etc.

In diagnosing Dysautonomia, a physician has to rule out all other possible causes of your symptoms. There are many conditions that can mimic POTS. It could be something very simple and easy to address. Please keep us posted on what you and your doctor determine is causing your symptoms. Best wishes to you. :)

Guest tearose

Hi and welcome! I agree with Ernie, get the TTT tilt-table-test, and Gena, get a good doctor to run the tests that will (hopefully) help to diagnose what you have. Keep up you fluid intake and don't wear yourself out while you are figuring out what is going on. Even though you are 17 years old and may have others responsible for getting you to medical care, be pro-active and ask all your questions. Become self reliant and voice your concerns from the start!

best regards, tearose

Allie!

I can SO relate to what you're going through! Whether or not you have pots, I know that it's really difficult to not know what's wrong with you. I'm 15, and my symptoms didn't start as young as you, but some of them are the same. I've also had a lot of issues with fainting and standing. I was just diagnosed, so while I may not have as much insight as others at the forum, I'm here if you want someone to talk to. Good luck figuring this thing out.

~Sarina

I often get periods where i am constantly cold - cold hands and feet especially, and my head feels like its going to explode if i bend over - i hear my heart rate in my ears and my face goes very red.

Being worst in the mornings is also a common theme with POTS.

your best bet is to get everything else excluded and then get a TTT test.