Had All Testing In Cleveland Few Days Ago

lissy

Hey all,

Well I had my testing you know they start with the Blood volume test 1st , with me ....and then hemo , then auto reflex and if 1st part of auto reflex is okay you can stop there. Well I didn't have to do the other parts of auto reflex he said my vessels are doing what they are suppose to , so I was happy about that but confused I asked what does that mean and he mentioned low blood volume can cause the pooling???

Does anyone know what I'm talking about can all this come from low blood volume and if so I have been searching online and cannot find much about it just finding: injury, bleeding internally shock things of that nature.

So I have a few questions

Does this problem have a cause? Or can it happen out of nowhere?

Is there an easy treatment?

Can fixing it get rid of POTS?Dysautonomia?

Thanks all

Lissy

The blood volume test where they inject iodine and tracer and use a machine ( similar to a (MRI) but not as big that tracks the tracer and take alot of blood taking measurements about 2 hours . I guess the technical name is blood volume and hemodynamic tests.

Lissy

I had the same testing done this summer with similar results it sounds like. The only treatment they offered me was the Florinef, high salt diet and lots of fluids.

Having had a hysterectomy a few years ago I don't think heavy periods are the cause of it for me at least. : )

They told me there that all they could do was treat me symptomatically. However the cardio I saw did say that "if you can get your symptoms stabilized for 6 months on the meds, then frequently people can wean off the meds. Then people fall into 2 camps.... those who are fine off meds and those who are fine until something else triggers their symptoms again, such as a virus or car accident. Those people will likely need to use the meds as a bridge again to help them for awhile after those events. " So it sounds like some people get a "cure" and some people have symptomatic help.

Not sure if the low blood volume is part of the whole renin-aldosterone-angiotensine ll dysfunction that people have cited on here before. That might be one option for what's causing it. I'm supposed to see an endocrinologist in a couple weeks, so I'll be curious to see what he has to say.