Relapses And Remissions

starby

During remissions is it common for the heart rate to be quite normal even without meds? If this is the case, persumably if someone was to go for the table tilt test during a remission they could be told they don't have pots, but then relapse after a small amount of exertion the next day and have all the classic symptoms? I'm trying to be referred but worried I might get an appointment on a day when my heart isn't playing up, and then what? My heart can go to 180 bpm on some days but others it is totally normal <_<

Guest tearose

From my experience, we can be in balance and then the ANS will go out of balance.

Managing better is not the same as not having it.

I triggered a massive relapse after major mold exposure and would not even have attempted a ttt then!!!

I use to ask if I should remove my compression a day or so before because my body will worsen over a few days without it. After having PSVT without compression, I do not go uncompressed anymore.

Why not discuss this with the doc?

starby. I will tell you that sometimes I have HR issues and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I have lots of symptoms, sometimes I have only one. And sometimes I will go days feeling reasonably normal. I also wonder about the same thing...I go for my testing soon and wonder how the results will be if i'm having a "good day." For me, I know something is definately not "right" but i can't control the outcome of the testing. I just have to wait to see what happens. I do believe that the underlying problem is still there, even if we aren't feeling it's effects at the moment, so perhaps it can still be detected by their "sensative" testing. I also asked about stopping meds prior to testing but was told it wasn't necessary. I still don't understand...trying to find more explanation.

I hope you are able to get a referral and an appt soon!

The heart rate is only relevant because there is no other easily conducted test to positively identify the condition.

There are patients with considerable orthostatic reductions in cerebral blood flow without tachycardia. Stewart and Medow are releasing stuff on it in the future.

Some periods my heart rate is totally normal and i feel well, sometimes my heart rate is up and I feel well, sometimes my heart rate isnt high and I feel terrible. All inall my doc tells me that on tilt, id be positive for POTS.