Miserable And Frustrated - What Do You Do?

Nela

Ugh it's one of those days... :( Seems I simply cannot get myself out of bed. I'm achy, drained and whiny. Lifting my head is a chore. I'm craving chocolate badly. I don't like chocolate much usually but I've eaten more in the past 2 days than I have in a year. It's an aggressive craving too like 'Give me chocolate so no one dies...' type of thing. :blink: I did play in the garden a lot and got massively dizzy and was sure I'd pass out. Bending was simply not an option at a certain point. I guess I overdid it yesterday and now I am paying the price? It's strange though, I didn't do THAT much. I did plant a tree and shovel a bit, oh and threw a few stones here and there but I don't see how that is so physically demanding? I'm 24. My boyfriend's mother is 65 and she can do more than I can. It makes me feel horrible. Not just me, but you can tell people are just thinking 'She's so lazy.' and 'Oh, she's such a drama queen.'

Should you medicate? Should you just let it pass? Do you rest? Do you just fight through it and try to stimulate your body into complying? I'm not sure anymore. I hate this...

Good thing I left the chocolate downstairs so I at least have something calling me or I wouldn't even bother trying to get up today i think. In fact, I'm so drained that when the doorbell rang, I couldn't be bothered to dress (I do NOT ever let anyone other than my bf see me in pjs by choice normally!) and went to answer anyway because I knew it was a delivery and just couldn't care less at that point. Of course, it's those days that the delivery guy is never an old guy. Nope nope, it's always the young, good-looking guys that deliver to your house when you look like crap. :(

I just want to cry.

Nela, sorry your miserable and frustrated this morning. Understandable, though. We all have our days. Just remember not to care what others think or to "think" we know what they are thinking. You are the only one that lives your life - no need for judgement. Plus, the whole fact that you want to accomplish things proves that you're neither lazy nor crazy. You're trapped in a miswired body -it's not who you are. Chin up. I hope something nice happens for you today!

I really don't care for choclate either, but over the past few months I crave it also. I have read that chocolate contains a high level of magnesium and that cravings could mean you have a magnesium deficiency. When I start craving it I take a magnesium supplement and it does cut down my cravings for the dark high calorie stuff. I gained 10 lbs over the winter b/c I felt compelled to eat several bars everyday. :(

As far as the energy levels, I haven't really found anything that really helps. If I know that I will have something to do I usually sit around on the computer a few days before, vegetating, so that I will have enough energy to actually do something. I have to say that my energy levels have definitely dropped over the last few months. I used to be ale to go on vacation for a whole week(ex Paris in Feb) and walk almost all day without feeling horrible the next day. This past week we have been travelling around Switzerland and after 3 days I needed to take a break and rest all day. I couldn't believe how low my energy dropped. I did have a stress test the day before we left, maybe that had something to do with it?

I hope you get to feeling better and your energy picks up.

Nela~

Sorry you're so low. I think most of us can relate to that! Are you taking any meds right now? Getting any exercise? If I even travel from Tucson, where I currently live, to visit my mother and friends in Iowa, I'm exhausted the next day. Sometimes I can gear up for a couple of days of doing things when I have to, like when my step-father fell from a roof recently and we had to go and help out my mom, but then I come home and am wiped out for several days.

Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones whose energy comes and goes, and you're not like this all the time. I live one day at a time, and if I wake up on a Saturday and actually have enough energy to wash my hair or go to lunch or a movie, we go. I can never assume the next day will be the same. It's hard to keep appointments, and frustrating, but somehow we manage to get through it. Midodrine may help with your energy level...or Florinef?

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Thanks guys :( It's nice just to be able to talk to people who understand it. The hardest thing is coping with people around I think. Trying to describe how lousy I feel is usually just wasted energy. It's so strange how it just comes and goes. Luckily though, I do have better days! Lol. I can't say I have had a perfect day in years but at least there are 'good' days! It's seems there's always some little booboo or other. It's just irritating when there is always something wrong you know? The funny part is when people think you are seeking attention... And all I could think of is 'Because this is good attention?!'... What I wouldn't give to feel normal again and to be like others my age! I'm not complaining about what I have because others have much worse, but I am complaining about how it makes me feel as a person. It's hard not to care when the people you love most get tired of you. :blink:

The magnesium is interesting. I wouldn't even know it myself, so it'd be interesting if my body associates chocolate to magnesium. Lol. I hate that it doesn't help my weight problem though! I'm not really exercising right now but I am supposed to be getting an exercise bike very soon. It's something I want to do but I feel soooo badly after exercising. Lol, I tried the WiiFit a few times but that usually knocked me down for a few days. I used to work a very fast-paced and somewhat physical job but that caused some major problems with my health.

I tend to go with the flow as well. It's easy when you are alone. It's a bit harder when you have family watching you. I tend to want to push to get things done even if I'm not feeling 100% so that I don't feel guilty afterwards but that seems to only get me in more trouble. I have toned it down a lot though and I try to listen to my body but sometimes I just do not want to take no for an answer. :(

I'm taking the following medication daily (when I remember!):

- Bisoprolol 5mg

- Lyrica 3xday

- Celebrex - as needed

- Symbicort - 2 inhalations 2xday

- Birth Control which starts with a 'c' but I have completely forgotten the name at this time

- Avamys - 2 sprays/nostril once daily

- Singulair 1xday

- Cortisone 5-10mg a day (increased to 25mg when asthma is uncontrolled)

Is there anything in there that can help or worsen things you think?

Well, I just started taking Symbicort about 3 weeks ago, b/c my azmacort ran out and it is discontinued. I'm still quite sad about that as it really seemed to be the only thing that helped my asthma. I just looked up one of the side effects of symbicort and it is fatigue. Makes me wonder if this could be my problem.

Nela

Sorry to hear that you're so unwell. It might be that the extra carbs from the chocolate have knocked your blood sugar out of whack.

I've been barely functional for the past week following a carb challenge - my doctor gave me a glucometer and I ate carbs to see what would happen to my blood sugar. My blood sugar was fairly stable in the hours after carbs (not what I was expecting), but I felt incredibly drained and each morning I found that my blood sugar on waking was a little higher. My doctor called it off on day four when my blood sugar on waking was too high. I've been so sick that I've only eaten sugar-free chocolate since.... (I'm really missing the lindt dark chocolate with chilli).

I hope you're feeling better soon - let us know how you go with the magnesium.

With best wishes

Dianne

Sometimes it's OK to let yourself have TIME to just lay around and sort your thoughts, allow your body to rest---------------AND ENJOY THE CHOCOLATE. Let yourself be in the moment. :) There's nothing wrong with that. :blink:

Listen to your body------------------don't let anyone assume you're lazy. Tell them to go to their computer and look up POTS and READ. IF they don't, ask them why they are so lazy------all they have to do is SIT AND READ, and they can't manage that?

How messed up is that? I look forward to the day that I can slug down a couple of margaritas and dance on a table top and get ATTENTION that way!

I can't stand people who judge us thinking we are attention seekers. I know ALL of us can find other ways to get attention than living this way.

HUGS to you-------enjoy some more chocolate...............DOVE chocolate is great stuff.....

Maxine :0)

Hawaiin chocolate with macadamia nuts ----- UMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! My fortunate husband, just got Hawaii in his sales territory. We went for about a 2 hour drive to see if I could do the 5 hour flight over ------ NOPE, no go. So he brought me back chocolates and perfume of plumeria -- my fav. So, I spray on the perfume and eat the chocolate and pretend I'm in Hawaii. LOVVVVELY!!!!!!!!!