Lady Problems Here

lieze

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I'm not really thinking it's related to my POTS but it is making my head woozy.

I did get so upset from the pain that I had an adrenaline surge.

My abdomen hurts.

It has hurt off and on for maybe 4 or 5 days but the pain totally goes away and then hurts solid for maybe an hour.

I feel kind of bloated and sore.

Usually the pain is right front and center.

I'm not having bladder spasms that I know of and urine looks okay.

Right now it just feels as if my whole female reproductive system is on fire and hurting.

I did have a vaginal infection maybe 3 months ago (bacterial) and had the metrodizanol for that.

I have used it off and on since.

I think my problem is with the POTS I take baths.

I think that any kind of soap or alkali in the water is burning me.

I am not having any discharge at all in fact I think I am actually dryer than normal.

I have not felt like having sex for days here because I just feel sore.

My last pap was at that time I had the infection.

The pain tonight has been going on for at least 3 hours and is pretty intense as I said I had an adrenaline surge and really thought I was going to get sick.

I also may have a low grade temp. It's 99 tympanic.

I am also chilling.

It's kind of scary and honestly it was all I could do to just not go to ER but I hate those horrific bills.

I guess if it still hurts in the morning I will try to get into the gyno.

I will stay out of the bathtub and see if that resolves the issue.

I do have some Bactrim that I could take I don't think it would hurt anything.

Hi Lieze,

I would definitely call your gyno in the morning. I wouldn't take anything as it could actually be a yeast infection from all the anti bacterial medicine. That areas yeast/bacteria balance tends to get thrown out of wack pretty easily.

I think it is a bladder infection but it feels different than anything I've ever experienced before.

I did take a tiny !/2 of the Bactrim yesterday and today and am not in the intense pain I was in.

I was cramping for about 3 hours and got a low grade fever and just felt sick.

I took an ibuprofen and eventually it let up.

It started hurting a little yesterday and I took an ibuprofen mid day and nipped it in the bud.

Overall I am feeling better.

Oh and I"m drinking cranberry juice.

I am not going to take any more baths.

I think that is the culprit for me I am way sensitive to anything messing up my ph basically.

So I've set a crate in the shower and put a towel over it.

It makes an okay seat and I just shower seated.

It's working okay so far.

I do feel better thanks.

If you think it's a bladder infection you need to call your internist/gp and see if they can do a urine test. If you don't have one or they wont let you come in and do the urine test try a walk-in clinic. Bladder infections can get bad really quick, and the last thing you need is it turning into a kidney infection. I had that last year and ki+POTs= really being bad off for over a month.

Dear Lieze~

I have a lot of bladder/infection/chronic pelvic pain issues, too, and I would definitely see your doctor! If you can't get in, go to an urgent care facility, which are definitely cheaper than the ER. Have you gone yet? I see your post is dated 7/19. What have you found out?

Wishing you relief, and soon!

Jana

Well it has been a lot better.

I really think it is from those stupid baths I take.

I have always been sensitive to any type of bubble bath-end up with burning in the genital area etc etc.

I have also read that baths and douches are not good for women. Ha that sounds opposite of what you would think.

Anyway the pain over all is much better.

I have been taking the Bactrim (which is an excellent antibiotic for bladder infection) and it seems to be better.

This morning I am having some pain on the right side and we'll just see how it goes here.

Obviously if the antibiotic I have doesn't take care of the problem I'll have to see someone and get evaluated.

I really appreciate the feedback and support I have gotten here.

Oh also no more of the temp or chilling. It was low grade 99 tympanic and I chilled for almost 3 hours.

The antibiotic should really knock it out of there if there is an infection and I'll try to continue drinking the cranberry juice.

My main symptom with POTS is dizzines..and it seems whenever I have an infection or something going on, it makes it 10 times worse. I take baths as well, but I no longer use any bath salts or anything like that (I used to when I first switched from a shower to a bath) but I got a UTI and was in the ER and felt terrible..so I avoid all that anymore. The last time I was in the ER was for a UTI & bladder infection as well..They're horrible but it's good that you're feeling a bit better now. Hopefully it continues!

Everything I've read and from what my GYN tells me, women shouldn't use douches, bubble bath, scented soaps, or even soap in the vaginal area. I have a really hard time with the last one, but supposedly your vaginal system is meant to be able to cleanse itself. Certain detergents or even using dryer sheets on your undies can also cause irritation and infections. I stick to white cotton underwear except for special occasions, and dry my underwear separately. I also use the 'Free and Clear' version of my favorite detergent.

Hope these hints help, and glad you're feeling better, Lieze.