How Much Midodrine?

Guest humanb4monitor

Hi Tuesday, welcome.

10mg x5? Wow! That's a lot. A resting 44 is about normal for me now too, but now I usually stay below 120 while "just standing" for less than two minutes. What were your standing and supine heart rates before the Midodrine? Is the doctor who put you on the monitor knowledgeable about dysautonomia?

Shan,

Are these numbers from a past doctor's visit before you started Midodrine, or did you just not take the Midodrine for the morning/afternoon to see what it was? Your numbers wouldn't be accurate if you took your BP while still primarily on Mid. It stays in your system for awhile.

Cheers,

Jana

I think my cardio knows some about dysautonomia. I am being checked for POTS now, but I already have mitral valve, NMH, and inappropriate sinus tachy. I don't know what my hr was but it was high, so they tried a beta blocker for the tachy but I hated it!!

Hi Tuesday, welcome.

10mg x5? Wow! That's a lot. A resting 44 is about normal for me now too, but now I usually stay below 120 while "just standing" for less than two minutes. What were your standing and supine heart rates before the Midodrine? Is the doctor who put you on the monitor knowledgeable about dysautonomia?

Shan,

Are these numbers from a past doctor's visit before you started Midodrine, or did you just not take the Midodrine for the morning/afternoon to see what it was? Your numbers wouldn't be accurate if you took your BP while still primarily on Mid. It stays in your system for awhile.

Cheers,

Jana

These numbers are from past doctor's visit After either on Midodrine or Florinef. . . I stopped Florinef because of the side effects (rashes). I don't have the HR or BP before on medication. The only thing I know from the doctor is my HR goes up to 150 before on medication . . .

I guess I learned to be organized a bit late LOL