Acetyl-l-carnitine

Are you going to try it?

Someone had posted something about carnitine a couple weeks ago.

Since I am so afraid to take pills I looked up natural food sources and found beef ( steak ) and hamburger to have the highest content.

I have a feeling it probably doesn't have the same effect though?

I took Acetyl-l-Carnitine, at a dosage that I cannot recall, except that it was equal to the dosage used to treat neuropathy in a study I read. I took it for months, quit for a couple of months, and then took it again for several months.

I think it improved my hearing - if you can believe that. But it didn't help my brain fog. I discontinued it over six months ago.

From what I've read, Acetyl-l-Carnitine would most likely be helpful in FM/CFS, and also in mitochondria disorders.

Are you going to try it?

Someone had posted something about carnitine a couple weeks ago.

Since I am so afraid to take pills I looked up natural food sources and found beef ( steak ) and hamburger to have the highest content.

I have a feeling it probably doesn't have the same effect though?

I took L-Carnitine for a long time. It seems to give you more energy, but maybe too much. I think it speed my system up. A doctor had me using it thinking that a mitrochondrial issue was there. It increases your energy. The Acytel form crosses the blood brain and is supposed to help with cognitive abilitites. It gave me a terrible headache. Anything that increases my acytel choline does that. This is used allot for dementia and other brain issues.

Everyone is so different though. What will work for one won't work for another. Only one way to find out.