Ran 3 Miles Today~

I am trying something new and adding rowing and weight training to my regimen. We joined a gym today. Boy, despite being able to run so far and do my recumbent bike for so long at home, I was astounded by how weak I really am. I have no upper body or abdominal strength. Excuse my former posts about not being deconditioned. I completely proved myself wrong today.

I wrote somewhere about getting a rowing machine yesterday. I too was surprised by my weak abdominals and upper body. But my legs are, and always have been strong.

I am trying something new and adding rowing and weight training to my regimen. We joined a gym today. Boy, despite being able to run so far and do my recumbent bike for so long at home, I was astounded by how weak I really am. I have no upper body or abdominal strength. Excuse my former posts about not being deconditioned. I completely proved myself wrong today.

I wrote somewhere about getting a rowing machine yesterday. I too was surprised by my weak abdominals and upper body. But my legs are, and always have been strong.

I noticed my legs are fine when jogging, and they held up fine when rowing today (upper body was a different story). However, when I moved to the leg weight machines, I noticed I had lost quite a bit of strength when comparing myself to 3 years ago on these same weight machines. The funny thing is shortly before I got POTS I had stopped doing my regular stair master and weight routine and shifted to a heavy swimming routine and jogging. I wonder if it's not so much how much you do if you are predisposed to POTS, but the type of exercise???