For Those Who Have Had Follow-up Ttt On Meds

summer

Hi all!

Just wondering, for those of you who have had follow-up TTTs while on your meds, what kind of results did you have? Assuming that meds (especially BBs) will lower our heart rates, were your second and subsequent TTTs normal? I know that even with meds and lower HRs, I still have symptoms. Does your ANS doc still take you seriously, if your TTT is improved?

Would you mind sharing your experience if you have had more than one TTT? Thanks!

Summer

My daughter's tilt table test not on meds had her heart rate go from 75 to 155. 6 months later on meds (propranolol 120 ER and midodrine 10/3xday) she had a poor man's tilt table test, with measurements taken regularly up to 20 minutes of standing. Her heart rate increased from 50 to 95. Her heart rate was definitely lower overall, but the increase was still 30+ beats per minute, the standard for POTS. What her EP said is that this showed that she was not maxed out on her meds yet. While she has tried other meds since then, she hasn't yet found anything that that works for her.

I had normal results with my TTT with meds. My cardiologist acknowledged the meds are controlling my HR. I still have symptoms but they are much improved. My problem right now seems to be too much bradycardia. It's hard to get the right dose and type of med. I don't feel quite at lightheaded as I used to but I have so much fatigue. My cardiologist still takes me seriously. He's aware it's the meds controlling the rate.

Brye

Thanks, Brye.

I'm probably going to have a second TTT soon and, although I think my HR has come down on meds, and some of my symptoms have improved, I still have lots of fatigue and brain fog. I'm glad your doctor is still taking you seriously, and I hope you can find some solutions for your fatigue. I'm still getting tachycardia frequently.... just not all the time like before.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

Summer