Chronic Hematuria

Anyone else have blood in their urine? Urine tests keep coming back positive for gross hematuria or microscopic every time my urine is tested for the last several years. I have had a complete urologic work up, saw a nephrologist etc., they can't find anything. Is it sometimes normal to have chronic blood in the urine? Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? My regular Dr. is telling me to go BACK to the urologist -- I don't see the point. (and as a side note -- are they ever able to come up with answers ...EVER??)

I get microscopic or trace blood and sometimes protein in my urine often. I was worked up for it and they couldn't find a cause and my kidney and bladder functions were normal. I have never had gross though and that would raise a red flag to me.

Now that I know I have small fiber neuropathy, perhaps that is a factor. Maybe I should go back to my urologist and catch her up, just to be safe.

Both my sons have chronic Hematuria and protinauria, this has been going on for 2 years or more!! After one of my boys had 3+ episodes of gross bleeding on urinating, he was sent to a urologist for a work up, kidneys fine bladder fine etc. Dr. explained he thought that the frank bleeds and chronic hematuria are due to my sons EDS. My other boy had over active bladder, protein and blood found most of his urine samples, since very young, he has also had long bouts of urine and serum osmolarity abnormalities.

I have chronic microscopic blood in my urine. It's been many, many years. I'm assuming I have it as a result of having interstitial cystitis, a chronic bladder inflammation. I am currently under the care of a urologist who is well-versed in this condition. Not all urologists are.

But, my urologist did say that blood in the urine can be a marker for cancer, and since I have it all the time, the only way to rule it out, in my case, is to go inside the bladder and do a biopsy.

Now, if I can see the blood, there is a good chance that I have an infection. so, normally, for me, it is microscopic.