Tilt Table Test What To Expect

Ok I am gearing up for my TTT tomorrow @ 9:00 am ... I don't know if I should be nervous or not LOL.. Those of you who have had this done did you bring your music players to try and relax while going through the test. I think more than anything i am scared of how I will react to the medication they give me in the IV??? Any encouraging thoughts or ideas on how to get through this test would be helpful sorry if i sound like such a baby but I have had some scary reactions to medications and I guess I am just nervous about the test.

Are you sure they are going to administer medication? I did not have any administered during my TTT.

My experience wasn't too terrible. The tech person explained everything and kept up a running dialogue/commentary. My HR jumped about 54 bpm within the first 30 seconds - he said I set a record!

It was not a fun test and I was wiped out for two days afterward, but I wouldn't describe it as terrible.

Are you sure they are going to administer medication? I did not have any administered during my TTT.

My experience wasn't too terrible. The tech person explained everything and kept up a running dialogue/commentary. My HR jumped about 54 bpm within the first 30 seconds - he said I set a record!

It was not a fun test and I was wiped out for two days afterward, but I wouldn't describe it as terrible.

Well because I am on the effexor my heart rates doesn't jump drastically like it did before when I was off the medication. So I am sure they will most likely have to use that Nitroglycerin to induce my symptoms because the medication I am taking does help greatly. I am just guessing because I know how I feel on the medication versus not being on anything at all. Maybe they won't need it but if they do I am just afraid of what the medication will do to my body. So that is the part I am not looking forward to.

My son did good through his, but he is not a fainter. The same-the tech conversed with him a lot and made jokes, so it wasn't too bad. He did not take any medication for it and he had to stop his medications that he normally takes like 5 days before the test so they could get an accurate result. He said he was mainly uncomfortable and that his heels hurt.

I was also on meds during my TTT. I didn't expect anything to happen as I was well controlled and had never fainted in my life. Half way through they put a nitro tab under my tongue. I slowly started to black out. It was NOT a big deal. They ended up keeping me overnight however due to the severe "seizures" I was having after the test. They said it could be a symptom of NCS(neurocardiosyncope) after a faint. The seizure part was terrible and I was sick to my stomach for two days.

I personally don't get the TTT. OK, so they made me faint with nitro. I still haven't fainted otherwise (although I get a little lightheaded when my bp gets too low while standing still). They didn't change my meds or do anything different after the test.

It is a test I will refuse if they ask me to do it again.