Medications To Help Concentration And/or Fatigue?

My son uses Concerta. He's also tried Adderal and Provigil. Concerta, at a relatively low dose, 27 mg, seems to work best for him. He's 17 y/o and also bring a thermos of coffee to school with him :blink:.

My son uses Concerta. He's also tried Adderal and Provigil. Concerta, at a relatively low dose, 27 mg, seems to work best for him. He's 17 y/o and also bring a thermos of coffee to school with him :blink:.

She tried Ritalin and that didn't help. She wanted to try Adderal and see if that may be better, but her doctor said no. She is really struggling right now with all the papers that are due. I know I should be greatful that she is able to still go to school, but I am so frustrated with doctors that won't prescribe medications that have shown to help POTS patients. It is so hard to sit back and do nothing when she is suffering and there may be help available. Today was a rough day for her.

My son hasn't tried any of the ritalin-type drugs that address fatigue directly, but he found that some of the POTS medications helped with fatigue. Mestinon, florinef, and salt tablets probably have been the most helpful overall. If she hasn't tried some of the POTS meds before, maybe one of those (or others that doctors use) will help with the fatigue. I know how hard it is to watch your child struggle!

My son uses Concerta. He's also tried Adderal and Provigil. Concerta, at a relatively low dose, 27 mg, seems to work best for him. He's 17 y/o and also bring a thermos of coffee to school with him :P.

She tried Ritalin and that didn't help. She wanted to try Adderal and see if that may be better, but her doctor said no. She is really struggling right now with all the papers that are due. I know I should be greatful that she is able to still go to school, but I am so frustrated with doctors that won't prescribe medications that have shown to help POTS patients. It is so hard to sit back and do nothing when she is suffering and there may be help available. Today was a rough day for her.

You might try going back again. Sometimes the docs take repeated visits for the same complaint more seriously. Keep a journal showing how she doesn't go out (or rarely) and just wants to do her schoolworkl

Squeaky wheel and all that

Guest tearose

I try to avoid the fatigue so I take naps. I am much older though.

I use caffeine in the morning to get my bp up and be able to start concentrating. I don't recommend caffeine for constant all day use but I do believe it is good in the morning and then on an as needed basis.

Just don't become tolerant of it.