How Many Of Us (women)

I just had a ton of endo removed. I'm trying to find a correlation between having endo and POTS. My big hope is that by fixing the endo, it'll help my POTS. I know I'm grasping for straws here, but it seems my POTS started at the same time I started having bad periods again. Exactly 2 years after my son was born. Maybe, only time will tell if having this surgery will help. My gyn said he lasered off TONS of it. He could not however tell me if there was any connection.

I've had three lap's for endometriosis. my GYN says she has 5 endo patient's that have ehlers danlos III (hypermobility) and thinks there is a link, although none of those other patients (except me) have POTS....

I have it as well. My abnormal periods started at the same time as my POTS symptoms, and I strongly suspect there is a link there. I read a study that people with CFS (which has a strong component of dysautonomia) are 100 times more likely to have endometriosis. When my gyno was explaining to me why he thought I had it, he said that rare diseases 'run in packs.'

Had it!!!! Complete hysterectomy after 8 abdominal surgeries. Kept getting clean ups trying to prevent the enevitable. Wish I'd had it sooner. At least I'm out of pain and no longer worry about planning my life around my horribly painful periods. As far as POTS goes--mine has gotten worse with age. I had the hysterectomy at age 36 and I'm now 50. Sorry, for this to be the outcome for the POTS. Wish the answer were different. It does seem that the hard and difficult things go along with the POTS. I wonder if estrogen plays a key in this. With endo, they think that too much of the bad type of estrogens is the problem. It is recommended to use a transdermal natural progestrone cream to balance out the hormones. This could apply to men also. We get estrogens in plastic, canned goods, chicken and other ways. If our estrogens are too high and our hormones out of balance, it can cause a whole lot of issues. My doctor had me stop eating chicken because he said I'd never balance out because of the high estrogens in it. How many of us think we're eating healthy? Finally, I just using RED CLOVER and seem to be doing okay, since my hysterectomy. I tried to stay off hormones 6 months after my surgery, so the endo wouldn't come back, if they missed any, Of course, menopause brings it's own set of problems. But, for the most part, it was the right decision--for me.

as an addendum here -- anyone on the minera IUD? my GYN suggested it to keep the endo at bay ..... she did say it might be more uncomfortable for me to get it as i have never had children and so my uterus couldn't accommodate it as well ....but .... I had it put in during my lap on march 20th and I am still bleeding from it! my GYN said it could take up to 12 weeks for bleeding to subside but my friend just had HERS pulled after bleeding for a year straight! NOT helpful to bleed that much when you have POTS!

I did have it - it is one my records from 10+ years ago. I was put on the pill to help take care of it and have mostly been on the pill since. I think it has really improved.

I was on Mirena a year but gained a ton of weight my first six months on the thing so it's out. Of course weight gain is a 'rare' side effect for that...otherwise I would've really liked it! :unsure:

Another thing I should get checked out but haven't.

yup, had it so severe it was even in my rectum (UGGGHHHH). Total hysterectomy about seven years ago. The first of my symptoms when my body literally started falling apart almost 8 years ago were gynecological. No doubt they are somehow connected- at least in my case.

Carmen