Dots And Spots Upon Standing?

I'm guessing this is normal for someone with POTS, but lately whenever I sit up to fast, or am standing for any length of time I see tons of bright dots in my vision. As soon as I lay down they go away..so I'm assuming it's just a blood pressure thing. I'm just curious if others get this way too. It always used to happen to me if I got up too fast, but then would go away. The past week it seems like it will only go away if I lay down. So I'll be walking wherever in my house and then have to get down to the ground quickly or else I'd probably faint. I don't know why it's happening so much lately..Hopefully it's another thing that will just come and go?

This is now one of my daughter's daily symptoms. We have not really found anything to help yet. Her EP has said that she can increase her midodrine to 4 times a day, but no more than every 4 hours. She seems to notice it happening more often when the midodrine is wearinag off, but that seems to be more like after 2 1/2 - 3 hours, not 4.

I hope this is a temporary thing for you or that you can find something to help!

Well, I'm pretty sure it's 'normal' for us. I was just curious if it happened to many others on here.

You mean it's not one of those things to keep us amused like when everything looks like a velour jigsaw puzzle - as long as I don't get the neck sweats (and am not out which is in itself rare) I don't worry about getting down fast.

Guest tearose

It is absolutely normal in my experience!!!

I consider it part of our "early warning system"! It is our body telling us to sit down or take corrective action to avoid a faster heartrate, lack of ability to speak coherently or survive standing in line...etc.

Consider it a good thing.