Feeling Worse Lately - Could It Be The High Pollen/alleriges?

I've been feeling worse the last couple of weeks than I've felt in a long while. I've figured stress, fighting a cold, this or that...but since nothing has tremendously changed the last few weeks it didn't make a lot of sense.

Today I noticed the pollen forecast has been 'very high' the last couple of weeks, I'm sneezing like crazy in the mornings (10+ times in row!), stuffy achy head, etc.

I'm taking my Zyrtec + Zantac which I suppose is somewhat helping.

Could allergies be causing more fatigue, dizziness, and general malaise with the POTS? It's so awful! I'm tired of feeling this crappy.

I might throw in a Benadryl before bed to see if I wake up feeling a bit better...I usually don't mix antihistamines unless I have an outright reaction, but my allergies are super bad right now and I want to know if they are making my POTS flare up.

Hello!

I am with you! I always get more fatigued in the spring time during allergy season. I have been tested for allergies and found that I have numerous allergies that are quite severe. I take Singulair, Nasacort AQ, and benadryll. If I had to choose one that I couldn't go without it would be the Nasacort - it really helps.

Unfortunately I don't know of anything to help with the fatigue part. But I do think you're on to something. I know quite a few people who are really tired during allergy seasons especially.

You could also look into getting tested and taking shots. I did this and it didn't help me but it does help many!

Blessings,

Lisa

I take my Zyrtec now (and will be taking a Benadryl tonight because my allergies are out of control, but they make me very tired so not for day use here!).

I used to take Nasacort when I lived in the Midwest and thinking back, I'm pretty sure it helped a lot as I didn't have these awful allergy headaches when I took it. I checked and my insurance does not cover Nasacort - it covers generic Flonase, but I was told they are very similar so I picked up my RX for it. I hope it works for me.

I'm glad to see the nose spray helps you the most so I'll start my new one tomorrow and see what goes. I was told it's localized so side effects are minimal. Fingers crossed!

And Spring is my worst season.

I'm sure it could be. With me, I find that any other thing that is going on with me at all (a simple cold or infection) makes me feel ten times worse. I think we're a lot more sensitive to things like that. I hope you feel better soon though!