B12 And Modaphilin For Energy

Just curious whether any one has been prescribed b12 injections or modaphilin (spelling?) for energy? any experiences?

Hi Rama-

My PCP prescribed Provigil (modafinil) for fatigue probably 4 to 5 years ago now. I can't say how it evolved exactly - i think it started as saving on the med co-pay - I switched to Adderal and now only take the short acting 10 mg in the morning. It definitely helped with the fatigue but, in my case, the amphetamine salts are better.

An interesting note - I had an EEG 5 months ago in the morning after my usual 2 to 3 cups of coffee and 1o mg. Adderal. the results of the EEG - "this is a normal drowsy study..."

noreen

I have been on B12 injections in the past, but I never noticed any benefit.

I have taken Provigil (Modafinil), and it is great for me for a day or two. But after three or four days I have to take a Provigil just to get up to baseline. I still have some Provigil, but I never use it more than once a week. Usually I just use it if I am having a "bad" day and really need the extra boost to make it through. Sometimes I'll also plan ahead of time to use one if I know a big day is coming up and I want to be able to participate.

Rachel