Mestinon - Muscle Pain - What Helps. Does It Get Better?

In a lower dose Mestinon seems to help my muscle pain and BP. But at a higher dose it makes me have muscle aches and weakness/fatigue. :blink:

Were your arms hurting BEFORE Mestinon? If they are hurting worse you may need to adjust your dose (of course talk to your Doctor/Pharmacist)...when I tried the 180mg timespan I felt like a log all day. Couldn't move much at all!

Hope u are doing better with this. I have not had this side effect at all...but I am also taking Cymbalta for Fibro pain.

My issues with mestnion have been worse IBS.

That is starting to settle. Can you or do you take anything for pain? I am taking 30mg 2x's a day. I wonder if some kind of pain med (advil, asprin etc) could help you be more comfortable while you try this new med.

I can't take many over the counter pain meds due to allergies... but I can take children's asprin. I wonder if that would be ok for you to try. FEEL BETTER!

The pain is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad in my legs and get worst about mid afternoon and as the night goes on it is like tourture. I'm having PT to help strengthen my legs as they have weaken and she has reminded me who once taught exercise about stretching. The stretching feels wonderful, then one morning I couldn't get out of bed as I hurt my back as I over stretched.

I really think it's the neuropathy and joint pain and maybe I should give l should give lyirca another try. When I first tried it I was like a fall down drunk and I had just adopted a new dog. I fell and he got away and I went a little nutty thinking he would get hit by a car as I laid there crying in pain as I couldn't even get up. My guy at the time rescued the dog and picked me up. I had fallen flat down hard but hurt my back real bad.

I had taken neurontion in the past for pain and it did the same thing to me and that Neuro took me right off it. This doc yelled at me when I stopped the lyirca because I called the pharmacy and they told me it was the same as neurontion and I should stop. My PC agreed so when I went back he wrote me the riot act. You take it or you're not my patient anymore. Then he went on to tell me that it is a drug people get really high on and that when they get samples they have to keep it locked up as people have been known to steal this med.

I'm thinking why is he telling me this I don't want to get high and isn't that what I was telling him????? Anyway back then I had a car and stopped driving till I could see how this med was going to work with me.. and now I'm grounded for life...so maybe I should discuss it with my neuro next month or the remicaide if I can get into the rhummy.

Mestinon has only helped the chest pain that I constantly had. I don't have many options for BP meds and mestinon works on your bp also. It makes my rt eye lid that was sagging lift back up. it also give me hyper-pigmentation that makes me look like I have a healthy glow. You know the one? You look too good to be sick. lol

Bellamia~