Not Sure What To Do

now after birth my POTS has changed. i AM dizzy but its different. Before the pregnancy i took florinef and midodrine. I would get very dizzy and feel like i would pass out without them. But now with my POTS, i feel dizzy but just in my head. i dont feel like im going to pass out and my body feels fine. I used to get very weak, racing heart, ect. But now i dont have that. I am worried about those meds now that i dont pass out.. also i am afraid of those meds now because i dont remember how i reacted to them in the beginning because it was so long ago.

what are some side effects associated with florinef?

Dani-

It hasn't been overly long since you gave birth; your body is still adjusting as the body has more blood and fat during pregnancy and after to sustain the fetus and nourish the infant. t'd be great if the improvement in symptoms stays and you treat from that level.

Either way I don't think you should re-start the meds without calling your doc. Perhaps in light of decreased symptoms he/she would would only want you on one or the other or adjust dosages. We can't know. Give her/him a call.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter with the baby.

Take care,

Noreen

thank you for replying! only problem is is that i did just go in yesterday to my cardiologist and he put me back on everything, but at lower dosages again. i just dont want to spike my bp so i told him i would start everything one at a time to be on the safe side. im just frustrated because i might have to go back to work in a couple weeks because my fiance lost his job, but i dont feel exactly safe to drive just yet. (i have never driven without midodrine in my system)

thank you for replying! only problem is is that i did just go in yesterday to my cardiologist and he put me back on everything, but at lower dosages again. i just dont want to spike my bp so i told him i would start everything one at a time to be on the safe side. im just frustrated because i might have to go back to work in a couple weeks because my fiance lost his job, but i dont feel exactly safe to drive just yet. (i have never driven without midodrine in my system)

Oh okay - I didn't understand that. Assuming all else is well, an occaisonal spike in bp is not the worst thing. I'm older than you and have stroke risks they are concerned about but they don't get overly concerned when my bp hits high like 150/90 due to drugs and pain. If midodrine is the drug you want most in your system, go for that first. Remember, though, you may have to hydrate more than you did as your body adjusts to everything.

Can't answer you on the other as I am not familiar with it. Good luck with everything.