Midordrine

Ravenau1

Hi all :lol:

Well after being on Florinef now for a while and that working well I started midodrine yesterday. At this stage 5mg twice a day. I haven't had any major problems with it but I am getting the awful crawly/tingly/goosebumpy/itchy/tickly feeling all over my body within about 20mins of taking each dose. It's definitely worse on my scalp but I even have it on the bottoms of my feet!

Does anyone know of anything I can do to lessen it a bit? I mean it's not horrific or anything but it's pretty weird and uncomfortable. I keep twitching, scratching and rubbing and I am sure I look weird lol.

Maybe all of us on Midodrine with similar side effects should get together and do a video of all the scratching that goes on with this med. Or the head scratching could become our "secret code" to help identify one another when out in public. :lol:

I've been on Midodrine now for a couple of months and still have the goosebumps, spine crawly, scalp itching thing happening every day. It's maybe gotten a little less but it's still present. My doc told me to take it before getting out of bed in the morning. When my scalp starts itching that's when I know it's safe to get up these days. :angry:

I'll be curious to hear if anyone has any suggestions that have helped them with this.

The tingly/goosbumpy feeling usually goes away in time. I think it took several months for it to go away for me. Each time we titrated up the symptoms would return. Once I stayed at 10mg for a while the tingles and chillbumps rarely came. The do occasionally return a little bit, but they aren't constant anymore.

Rachel