Error Blood Pressure Monitor.

last night. Didn't take my B/P because i was too scared. It passed after about an hour and half a bb.

Tonight I felt funny, worse than usual. Took my B/P Sitting and lying down. It would NOT register standing up! just got the EE, for Error. I tried about 8 different times. It always picked up sitting and lying, but would not register standing.

Does anyone know what this could mean?

not sure what it means. have you tried changing the batteries? maybe they are getting weaker therefore the machine is finding it harder to pick up lower pressures?

or if you have the booklet that came with the monitor maybe it will have info on what it means when you get an error message.

just a thought. sorry i cant help you further!

I hear this is quite common. For me I suspect my blood volume is low so when I stand the machines have a more difficult time taking the reading. I do have a biofeedback device I have used that will show each heart beat and I know my beat-2-beat variability is MUCH higher when I am standing. So for instance, when I am laying down my pulse may be between 70-75 (70 on the exhale and 75 as I take a breath in). But when I am standing the variance is much greater ... say 100-120+ (100 on the exhale and 120 or more as I inhale.) I think machines can tend to have a rough time finding an "average" when there is so much fluctuation. But for POTS folks this could be "our" norm.

This happens to me all of the time ( when I am not feeling well). I have a pretty good bp monitor. I am not sure but I think it happens when changes are too quick for the monitor to read. I do know that I need to rest when this happens.

I know it is scary. The first time it kept hapening I went to the Er. Of course my #'s weren't crazy until they had me walk around with a monitor on and my hr was close to 180.

I want you to feel better because this does happen to me but i think when it does happen you should limit you activity just to be on the safe side!