Mack's Taking His Sat's

juliegee

This is for real & hopefully his last one. It almost kills him to take it. Because of his illness/cognitive issues- he's given time and a half. That's SIX hours of steady, focused, concentration.. The last time he took a standardized test, he ended up in the ER. He was so lightheaded and in extreme pain. Nothing a nap, a little codeine, and an IV drip couldn't fix :lol: I'm so worried and nervous for him. He's a cool cucumber..

He takes the ACT in April and, with tons of documentation, and some begging, they have agreed to give him time and a half AND he can take each of the 5 subtests on separate days. We are so grateful. Because of that, he will have a better chance of success on that one.

If you can, cross your fingers and toes that he does well & feels OK at the end.

Thanks!

Julie

I hope that the test goes well for Mack, both academically and physically. That's great that they are letting him have some extra time. Can he also take the test while lying down, or does he have to sit at a desk? That would be awful to have to sit at a desk for several hours while also having to think and concentrate.

Rachel

Thanks guys. He made it home, basically OK, but completely wiped out. No ER for us today. Yay!!!! He was too exhausted to even talk about it.....

He does sit at a desk or table, I think. He takes it alone with only his guidance counselor present. I suppose he could put up his feet if he wanted/needed to.

The ACT will be easier as they are allowing him to test each subject separately (on different days.) Six hours of straight focusing is almost unbearable- even for a healthy student.

Phew....Thank you for the well wishes. Now I have to cross my fingers and wait for his scores. Before he tested, we prayed that his body would be strong to allow his wisdom to show- we'll see...

Julie

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Julie, did Mack get his scores yet? How'd he do?

Got 'em today. Not bad, better than average, around 1650. He was hoping for better.

The ACT starts on 4/11 and runs through 4/24. He's taking 1 to 2 subtests at a time so he should do a bit better & hopefully it will have less impact on his health.

Thanks for remembering!

Julie