Questions About Curcumin

bella27

Has anyone tried taking piperine with their curcumin? I read some articles saying that almost no curcumin gets absorbed without piperine. (Sadly, I can't find these now). The articles also mentioned that some curcumin tablets already have piperine and I'm nervous that it might be in mine but under a different name. Any advice?

Also, is 1000 mg of curcumin too much for a 111 lb girl? I'm on 500 and its working a little bit but not enough so was thinking of upping my dose.

Thank you!!!

Rachel

Hi, just a quick reply here. I read the exact same thing. I have curcumin, but WITHOUT the pepper stuff.

I posted on here a while back wondering if anyone tried it with the piperine? (sp?). Anyway yes you are right what you read. I "thought" I might of been getting some benefit from the GNC 500mg. But I could never be sure due to the ever fluctuating symptoms of POTS. :)

Hi, just a quick reply here. I read the exact same thing. I have curcumin, but WITHOUT the pepper stuff.

I posted on here a while back wondering if anyone tried it with the piperine? (sp?). Anyway yes you are right what you read. I "thought" I might of been getting some benefit from the GNC 500mg. But I could never be sure due to the ever fluctuating symptoms of POTS. :angry:

Thanks for responding. Please let me know if you ever decide to try it with the piperine.

I tried it without the piperine, but I did read that that helps with absorption. I got great benefit at 500mg, even better at 1,000mg. (I weigh 130lbs.) ALAS, I had an allergic reaction & had to stop taking it altogether. Grrrrrr.

Let us know your experience.

BTW, circunin is also called turmeric. Search on this site & you'll see lots of chatter about it.

Julie