Gallbladder Issues?

cynog

As I have been researching dys. I have noticed alot of people mentioning gallstones and dysfunctional gallbladders. I was told recently after a CAT scan for kidney stones (soooo painful) that I also have gallstones. Does anyone know how that or if its connected to dysautonomia?

As I have been researching dys. I have noticed alot of people mentioning gallstones and dysfunctional gallbladders. I was told recently after a CAT scan for kidney stones (soooo painful) that I also have gallstones. Does anyone know how that or if its connected to dysautonomia?

Not officially in any way that I know of....I, too, have noticed that many of us have experienced severe gallbladder pain at early ages- without weight loss. Also, many of us do NOT have gallstones, but still have gall bladders that don't work.

You are a little more common ( in a good way :rolleyes: ) in that you've actually got stones to explain any symptoms.

If anyone knows of a study that demonstrated a correlation between dysautonomia & gallbladder issues, I'd love to know!

Hope yours don't give you too much trouble!

Julie

I am unsure of any real connection... I'm just adding that I started having gallbladder attacks at age 15, which went undiagnosed (since I had no stones... just a non-working gallbladder) until 2 weeks before it was removed when I was 20. It was diagnosed with a HIDA scan.

About a year ago I started having pain and classic gallbladder symptoms. None of the tests proved positive for gallbladder stones or disease (even the Hida). I had a smart surgeon who knew that the tests are not very reliable, and she took my gallbladder out. It was no longer functioning, and completely white. I'm thinking there's a correlation between blood flow and some of our organs....

I have had gallbladder removed from stones and have had 2 kidney stone attacks with some still "in there". Not sure how it goes together but I do know that those are some of the MOST PAINFUL attacks I have ever had and that includes giving birth! It's like you go through 10 hours of labor only to deliver a stone the size of a grain of sand! Ugh!!! :rolleyes:

KC