Grand Canyon

MomtoGiuliana

Has anyone been to the Grand Canyon (south rim)? I am planning a trip for late March early April with one of my sisters who lives in AZ and my daughter (age 7). I always get nervous about going somewhere with an elevation higher than 5,000 ft. I am usually ok until I get past 10,000 ft, but in general am more POTS-y. I am hoping to have fun but also realize I will not be pushing it/doing anything too strenuous.

If anyone has been (while also having POTS) I'd love any tips you have for enjoying the experience.

Thanks!

Katherine

• 4 weeks later...

I so whant to visit grand canyon again.. :huh: And next time go down in to it.. I have been twice (long time ago), but didnt go fare down.. I dream of the muletrips down that takes 3 days..

Hope u are abel to go.. its ust an amazing place... One of my favorites if not the favoirte.. to bad i cant deal whit the long airplain tripp :( ...

Thanks Casper. We are looking forward to it. I have to admit feeling a little nervous about the altitude b/c I never know how I will respond, although typically I have been ok at that altitude. I would not dream of hiking down b.c I would be afraid of my ability to hike back up..! I will have my 7-yr old with me so we will not be doing anything strenuous anyway. I will share some photos!

I hope u dont gett any altitude problems.. Do u have a wheelchair ..?

Would love to se pics... :blink: All mine are from befor the digital eara so.. But I am actually looking at crand canyon now.. have it in frame and in my living room..=) Along whit a pic from devils garden from arches national park...

Are u staying for long..? The last time we stayed at a camping place close by.. (that when I tryed to hike down).. the sunsett was ust so amazing.. ust walking by the rim was breath taking... love loved loved it...

Ust sitting in a nice spot is worth the tripp i think.. it was staring to gett varm when we where there.. So we spent lots of time sitting in the shadow enjoing the landskape (Shadow i admitt wasnt always easy to find..=))

I had pots at the time, ust diagnosed.. But It was not as limiting as its now..

We are there for 2 nights. Just enough time to start to adjust ;)

No I don't have a wheelchair. I have not needed one since 2003. and even then did not have my own.

That's what I think-that just being there and seeing the views will be enough to make it worth it. I don't feel a huge need to hike down into the canyon. And anyway. with a 7-yr old we won't be doing major hiking anyway.