Attention: My Email Was Hacked Into Today!

janiedelite

I apologize for taking up forum space with this announcement, but someone totally messed up my hotmail account and I can't log in to notify my contacts that this morning's email requesting money was fraudulent. Some of you on this forum are in my list of contacts, and I want you to disregard the email requesting money and any future requests!!! :blink:;)

After 3 hours and with the help of my ISP, I was able to regain access to my email account and change the password. I hope this didn't cause anyone any inconvenience (other than me :blink: ).

It looks like the hijacker somehow stole my email address and is masking his email address with mine. So you might receive an email from the scammer in the future, saying that he is me, asking for money. Don't send any!

yep, no trouble. I knew as soon as I saw it that it wasn't from you, and I deleted it. I just figured you're computer had a virus. Sorry to hear it was a hacked hotmail account. I'm always telling people to use "strong" passwords--ones that are very tough to hack. I guess you learned that lesson, yes?