Choir

joy

I am such a choir fanatic!

It's my escape, in school I am in the choir room all I can. Our director, Ddawg as we fondly call her, is my best friend and we have a ton of fun with music at my school.

Who else loves the goosebump moments with all that awesome harmony?

I love to sing, but my BP goes sky high. Anyone else?

Bellamia~

Yes, I LOVE to sing too. I've been in multiple choirs and even led worship at my church. But since getting sick, I can't even sing with the rest of the congregation without having high BP and associated symptoms (chest pain/pressure, migraine, etc.). I just feel like I can't catch my breath when I try to sing.

But I didn't want to put a downer on this post as I do LOVE singing, especially in choirs! I'm sure there are some things I can do for fun that are difficult for you. So I'll enjoy singing vicariously through you! :D Fa la la la la, la la la laaaa!

I love singing and even taught it. I would be right in the middle and forget words I knew and not be able to breathe. :blink: bellamia~

I LOVE CHOIR!!!!! I currently sing with a Gregorian Chant schola (and occasionally fill in with directing if the choir director can't make it), which is quite different that what I used to sing in other choirs, but I LOVE it. I have been in school choirs, church choirs, and even in a community choir that was associated with a local university. I now have alot of difficulty singing without inviting chest pains and a huge headache, not to mention the fact that I feel like I'm about to faint when I do, but I do sit down when I need to, and the only person to say anything is a choir member who has issues with CFS and fibro (and various other illnesses) and has an idea of how I feel, and that's only to see if I'm getting ready to faint.

We don't do so much with harmony, as Gregorian Chant is monophonic, but every once in awhile we'll do some Palestrina or Morales or other polophony, and wow!!! What goosebumps I get!

^^when we reach a favorite harmony point, our ddawg [director] will clsoe her yes and look like she wants to cry. and at the end she'll make motions to us up and down her arms *goosebumps!!!* and draw tears down her face lol she's so cute.

isn't harmony glorious?

We're doing the Hallelujah Chorus this year! oh my!

I'm glad you have somebody else who will look out for you. I'm also glad that you're still able to do it despite the difficulty!!! thats so wonderful!!!!!!!!

Hi Joy~

I'm so glad that you have something you love to do and can still enjoy. I used to sing in choirs and in small bands, and loved it. A good harmony gives me goosebumps all over. When I'm feeling better again, and can stand while I sing without passing out, I am definitely going to go back and sing! Thank you for bringing up such a joyful (pun unintended) activity.

We'll sing along with you, as Thankful wrote.

Cheers,

Jana

^Thank you for your kind words!

I pray it is always something I'm able to make happen. At this point I'd probably have to sit or lean on somebody/the wall for a concert. but earlier in the year I wasn't doing too badly and stood for the entire thing!! my director kept winking at me she was so excited. My RND had taken away much of my ability to walk and I was almost done with my intensive therapy for my PT and OT so everyone was floored and excited to see me standing. which was special

^^when we reach a favorite harmony point, our ddawg [director] will clsoe her yes and look like she wants to cry. and at the end she'll make motions to us up and down her arms *goosebumps!!!* and draw tears down her face lol she's so cute.

isn't harmony glorious?

We're doing the Hallelujah Chorus this year! oh my!

I'm glad you have somebody else who will look out for you. I'm also glad that you're still able to do it despite the difficulty!!! thats so wonderful!!!!!!!!

I think that we're doing the Hallelujah Chorus this year too (but even if we don't, we're still doing the full Gregorian antiphons and sequences for both Palm Sunday and Easter)!!! It's one of my favorite pieces that I'm not even mad that I have to sing alto (what do you call a soprano who can read music? An alto :D:);) ). I love harmony alot, but I love the..... whatever that is indescribable about Gregorian Chant. I can't even begin to explain how Gregorian Chant affects me, but I truly feel as if I have an encounter with the Divine every time I hear it, and I feel beyond blessed that there is a Gregorian Chant schola (actually, there are two... I don't have the energy to sing with the other one) so close to where I live.

It would be very difficult to attend Mass and not be able to sing... there have been a few times that I actually haven't been able to sing, and I have to say that I had very much to offer up. Singing has been a part of my life for so long (I started my first voice lesson when I was 9 years old) that I have had difficulty accepting that I can't do it as much as I could before the POTS really flared up after my surgery this past November.