Advice Please! I Have An Appointment Tomorrow To Remove Mirena But No Lab Results Yet!

iheartcats

I have an appointment in the morning to remove Mirena and go back on the pill for various reasons.

I had to have a Lupus Anticoagulant blood test first (you can't be on BCP with it, only Depo or IUD). Well, my results finally came in and my PCP faxed them to my Rheum today. So I've two messages into my Rheum, I explained my urgent situation, and it's 6:30pm so it's not looking like I'll get a call back. I even talked to the office person who knows my situation.

I've left another message saying I just have to know if it's positive or negative. If I get the IUD removed and it's positive, insurance will not cover another IUD, I won't be able to be on the pill, it will be a mess. I'm really no good without some hormone regulation with POTS.

What can I do? I don't think I can reschedule last minute with the Gyno office, this has been booked for weeks. Advice, please?

I have an appointment in the morning to remove Mirena and go back on the pill for various reasons.

I had to have a Lupus Anticoagulant blood test first (you can't be on BCP with it, only Depo or IUD). Well, my results finally came in and my PCP faxed them to my Rheum today. So I've two messages into my Rheum, I explained my urgent situation, and it's 6:30pm so it's not looking like I'll get a call back. I even talked to the office person who knows my situation.

I've left another message saying I just have to know if it's positive or negative. If I get the IUD removed and it's positive, insurance will not cover another IUD, I won't be able to be on the pill, it will be a mess. I'm really no good without some hormone regulation with POTS.

What can I do? I don't think I can reschedule last minute with the Gyno office, this has been booked for weeks. Advice, please?

What time is your gyno appt? Do you have time to show up at your rheumatologist's office tomorrow beforehand to try to get the results? Otherwise I'd try to reschedule with gyno if possible. Good luck!

I'd call first thing and reschedule. My OB/GYN is really good about that. I had my yearly exam scheduled for 9am Monday morning and wouldn't you know 9pm Sunday night I get my period. I called first thing that morning and explained it and they both rescheduled me and talked to the doc who told me to come in for an office visit to discuss my general health anyway. He is one of the few doctors who is actually keeping track of my POTS progress and all my diagnoses and he wanted his six month update. You could go in and discuss the whole mess with your doc and NOT get the Mirena removed now. Discuss the pros and cons of each solution. They will simply bill insurance as if it were a "problem" visit instead of a procedure (at least mine did.) Keep us posted. Good luck!

Good news on this - my OB/GYN office was very understanding since it was a last-minute lab work problem. I explained as of Tuesday I thought things were OK, and here come more mysterious labs Wednesday afternoon that were showing a 'problem' so I may need a follow-up test/redone.

Whew. I didn't want charged a last-minute cancellation fee if I could avoid it since the lab mess wasn't my fault.

Firewatcher - I didn't realize I could just go in for a 'problem' - I'll remember that next time!