Does This Make Any Sense?

Nikki

I've noticed whenever I lay on my side, my blood pressure drops. My feet and head are pretty much at the same height..Me turning is the only difference. For example, when I'm laying on my back my BP could be 113/75. When I lay on my side it goes to 88/58. Does this make any sense? Is there a reason for this?

I went through a few months of if I laid on my left side my heart rate would go real high and then if I turned over it would settle down. I dont know why it happened but it definitely happened! Of course my doc looked at me like I was from Mars and I just chalked it up to the lovely world of dysauto! :)

KC

I went through a few months of if I laid on my left side my heart rate would go real high and then if I turned over it would settle down. I dont know why it happened but it definitely happened! Of course my doc looked at me like I was from Mars and I just chalked it up to the lovely world of dysauto! :o

KC

You're not alone... mine does that too!!!

Happens to me too. I know when you're pregnant they tell you to lie on your left side, especially if you have any blood pressure issues as that allows the easiest flow of circulation thru the body. Maybe that also has some relevence even if you're not pregnant? Just a thought.

I know Flop is right too about having your arm the same level as your heart. I always find it interesting at the doctors' offices how rarely they ever comply with that when they take my BP though.