Eyes not quite right

blackwolf

POTS got me in the eyes bad as well - i got really bad vitreous floaters - my eyes were full of them, and i couldnt focus. My eye pressure went from mid normal to borderline glaucoma (19.5 and 20+ is glaucoma).

They are better now, but i had great trouble focusing - still not the best - i find tht bright lights and computer monitors make them worse.

I have the same problems with focusing; I have also developed dry eyes since the onset of the NMS. Every night I use a saline eye gel and during the day I use Thera-Tears. The opthamologist told me that eye problems are common among people with autonomic problems.

Guest tearose

blackwolf, yes, I've had a couple of spells of pain in my left eye and blurry vision. It was also not related to any headache or sinus trouble. I wound up going to internist who then sent me to an ophthalmologist who did a field of vision test that did show deficits. Then I was sent to a neuro- ophthalmologist and by that time my symptoms naturally had diminished. Anyway, several months later I developed other neuralgia/neuritis on the left side of my face. All these things seem to come and go. Sounds familiar in our lives! The final outcome is no further dx or treatment. All is blamed on my autonomic nervous system, and told that if things develop further we will do more testing. I am to keep a watch and go back if I need to. I have managed well, but think one major permanent difference is a change in my night vision. I was wondering if I should also blame changes on the fact that unfortunately, vision changes may be part of the aging process. Let me know what develops. Good luck! tearose

Although I've not really had much pain, I have often had trouble with what I refer to as my eyes not cooperating. It's like having wandering eyes or something. No matter how hard I would try, my eyes would not stay in one place. I learned that it was a mineral imbalance (now I don't remember which mineral - sorry!). I haven't had it more than a couple of times in the last 3 years or so, so my memory of it is a little hazy.

I hope you are doing much better soon!

I get it. I have been told it is a type of migraine aura. Caffeine helps as does a little heat. Mostly, you just have to let it pass. Can't read during it and I am a full time grad student, so hard. I would love an answer. I was told I had Adie's pupil- my left is larger than my right and not as reactive to light some of the time. This is not permanent, just sometimes. It is a symptom of autonomic nervous system dysfunction that only some get. Sometimes that seems to correlate with the vision thing, sometimes not. It is most likely a lower level of profusion of blood to the brain, I think. I hate it. Feel motion sick often with it.