Snri And Hyper Pots - Working For Me

kayjay

Hello all, I have hyperadergenic pots ( I know I spelled it wrong ). I have it to the point that I was misdiagnosed with Pheochromacytoma at Johns Hopkins based 3 or 4 positive 24 hour urine. Mayo also confirmed that I had Hyper pots based on my plasma tests.

I was on lexapro and Lyrica. Also tired all of the time. I wanted to try Cymbalta but I was afraid b/c some docs think you should not take this with hyper POTS.

Anyway I slowly made the switch and had mild high PB for about 2 weeks. I was worried and thought about stopping. My Doc suggested that I give it a while longer and I am glad I did. It has helped me so much. My BP has come back down and I have way more energy. I could not stop sleeping before.

I am not "cured" and don't think I'll ever be able to play tennis.... but I have been able to work out... have not been napping.... have less pain ( cymbalta helps Fribromyalgia too). Maybe this spring I can play golf!

I thought I would post about the meds I am taking b/c they are a huge help. I have not had a panic surge in weeks.

I take cymbalta, nadolol, and klonopin at bed time. Hope this helps someone else.

I have learned that when I switch meds I have to get over my FEAR (bad past reactions) and give them more time to work then a "nomal" person. I even flew last week to FL to see my mom. NO PROBLEMS.

Wow I think I have this too cause they wanted to scan me for a pheo.

I am so afraid of meds too but am so tempted to try the Paxil because I'm questioning if some of my symptoms I"m getting now aren't more anxiety related. I think I may even be having panic attacks.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and I'm glad you are feeling better.

lieze

My doctor says it just so happens that this is what she did her thesis on, but she said with all the research she did she cannot find how they help-they just seem to.

Now I did wonder about the snri since our norephinephrine is already sky high but I read that it does not reach the brain so maybe it's okay. I was interested in Effexor because it seems one of the side effects can be a higher bp and this would benefit me I think.

I am so ready to try this Paxil. It's right here in the drawer beside me and I am such a big chicken.

lieze

Boy, that is great. Cymbalta didn't work at all for me. My hr went crazy. Beta blockers and zoloft are the best bets for me so far. But I would clearly be afraid to fly...not quite sure why but I am afraid of all that movement and having to sit with my feet down for so long...so kuddos to you!

I will usually try any med ... just about ready to give my right arm to feel better!

I should add that I really felt worse before I felt better. I do not do well with med changes and I was a chicken. Mayo clinic said it was ok and my mom really encouraged me to stick it out. I had a night where it felt like there was a bird in my chest and my bp was high for a few weeks. Now it is great though.

I wonder how many of us need to really give a chance for our bodies to adjust to the changes. I realized how much better I am doing when it was time to get a refill. Just for example it is 9:30. I used to be asleep by 8:00.

Everyone is different but I know in the past I would have quit before the drug had time to help me.... we have SERIOUS concerns about drug reactions.... for example my first and only ambulance ride!

I think I learned that with some meds I really am going top need a month to know if it is helping me.