Reading?

Nikki

After reading, I always felt a little dizzy once I looked up from the book..Or even just reading too long. Yesterday I was writing a letter to a friend and the same thing happened. I get super dizzy, and it throws me off for a few hours. I don't know if this is POTS related or not..I read somewhere with POTS, that any kind of focusing for too long can cause this to happen. I'm probably due for another eye exam soon. The last time I was there, the eye doctor said the muscles in my eyes don't focus how they should, fast enough to adjust to eye movement. My mom was thinking of this the other day, that maybe the two are connected in someway. Would that make sense?

Nikki,

Have you been tested by an ENG through an ear, nose, and throat doctor? It might be worth looking into if you haven't. They test for dizziness associated with movement of the head and eyes in addition to things related to the ears.

~ Broken_Shell :)

Thanks for the response. Yes, I've been seen by two ENGs. One in my area, and one in Harrisburg who sent me to a cardiologist once everything checked out okay. Between the two I've had a lot of things checked with my ears. The VNG testing, tracking test, VEMP testing, and a CT scan of my inner ear. Like most all tests I've had done, everything came back within normal ranges.

I guess my brain fog is acting up today (either that or I'm losing my mind too?)...I KNOW I typed a response and submitted it earlier this morning....anyway....

I have similar problems with reading Nikki. I have also seen 2 ENTs and eye doc-both saying everything is fine. They say they think I have Horner's syndrome which causes my pupils to have issues with contracting, and my eyelid will droop at times. My mother once noticed that my eyes weren't tracking together too.

Sorry I don't have any answers to help-it sure isn't fun! Do you notice that it's worse at any paticular time of day? My vision is definitely worse at night.