Which Licorice & Itching Problems

njfainter42

I wanted to try licorice for increasing BP and energy. Right now I just use coffee about 3 cups/day to get thru the day. I had bought DGL licorice but remember someone here posted that that was the wrong type. Which type licorice do you take? Also I read that taking magnesium and potassium (4 pills, 99mg/day) and 400-600 magnes was a good idea for us? I do have the 99mg potassium but just have been taking one/day and one 250 magnes/day...does anyone know if it might be safe to increase this?

On another topic, I have constant itching in arm behind elbows...going on about 7 months...dermat wants me to try to get off my cortisone creams...is this a normal POTS problem?

I would like to know the same things you would about the licorice and other supplements.

However, as far as I know, your itching is probably a separate issue from your POTS. I have friends (w/out POTS) who suffer from this same thing, and it's usually dermatitis. I know some people here do get itching, though, so I'd try what the derm advises first. Are you elbows really dry?