Tired Of Pots - Fighting Setbacks

iheartcats

Hey everyone!

I've had a month...I was rear ended twice this month (not my fault - I was not even moving each time!). I was so upset the first time as I didn't know what would happen to my POTS. Fortunately, the stress was the worst of it. Stress is bad for my POTS, but at least it's something I can work through!

This just is upsetting to me because there are so many uncontrollable aspects of life and you never know how they'll affect us.

Between that, holidays, and some family things? I guess I'm just going to have to tell myself the New Year is a new year - and try to manage stresses better. It's never easy.

But...I think I'm OK from my accidents. My PCP checked my mobility and all seems well. Fingers crossed.

Sorry you had such a rough month. Thank goodness you don't have any after-effects from the wrecks.

I was wondering how you were doing with the celiac and if you started eating gluten-free yet. And, of course, wondering if that even made a dent in how your POTS is doing.

I can't believe I have to wait until Jan. 8 to get the results of my intestinal biopsy for celiac. It will have been about a month!

Well. I was supposed to be off Gluten but with the accidents and stress and holidays...I've slipped.

So my doctor is running a second blood test to make sure since I'm still on wheat and I can start gluten free on 1/1/2010.

I admitted I was not the best patient and apologized, but that I would try on 1/1 and see how it goes.

I am so happy I am not hurt from the wrecks. Just shaken up a bit how things COULD happen so easily. If that makes sense.

Let me know your results on 1/8!