Hot Head

extern14

I'm not sure if anyone else suffers this but right now my forehead is on fire. It is very hot to the touch but when I take my temperature, it's fine. The best way I know to describe it is it feels like my brain and my eye sockets are on fire. I don't have a headache but my forehead is hot, hot, hot. I have put cold washclothes, ice packs, etc on and it does no good. I don't know what's going on inside my head to make this happen but I know I am sick of it. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what can we do about it? Are there exercises we can do or medicine that will help? Please help. I feel like my brain is going to overheat!

I'm not sure if anyone else suffers this but right now my forehead is on fire. It is very hot to the touch but when I take my temperature, it's fine. The best way I know to describe it is it feels like my brain and my eye sockets are on fire. I don't have a headache but my forehead is hot, hot, hot. I have put cold washclothes, ice packs, etc on and it does no good. I don't know what's going on inside my head to make this happen but I know I am sick of it. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what can we do about it? Are there exercises we can do or medicine that will help? Please help. I feel like my brain is going to overheat!

Is your face red too? It sounds like how flushing feels.

Kari,

My son has this symptom also. His ped from Hopkins has recently started him on the MCAD (Mast cell activation regimen) regimen.

Julie

Thanks, Julie. Do you know what the treatment is for it? Did they put him on meds or give him any non-med regiments to try? I am apparently going to need to get tested for this but it sounds exactly like what I suffer. Thanks for all your help.

i got this symptom earlier this year when i didnt know what i had. it felt like i was sitting infront of a radiator all the time.

after i was on a drip for three weeks, and the meds were sorted out, it disappeared.

my temp was normal to at the time, which was really weird as i was burning, didnt feel like eating either.

Kari,

My son has this symptom also. His ped from Hopkins has recently started him on the MCAD (Mast cell activation regimen) regimen.

Julie

Thanks, Julie. Do you know what the treatment is for it? Did they put him on meds or give him any non-med regiments to try? I am apparently going to need to get tested for this but it sounds exactly like what I suffer. Thanks for all your help.

He's only taking 150 mg of ranitidine now with GREAT results. (He's eating better than he has in years!) He's supposed to add 10mg of zyrtec. We've only tried it once at night and he was sooooo fatigued the next day. He had to stop. He's just finished his last final exam so we will try the zyrtec again during the holiday. I've got fingers (and toes!) crossed.

Julie

You can get the medications Mack's Mom suggested over the counter. It's a cheap and easy way to figure out if something helps

I get flushing, especially during times of emotional stress. My whole head (but especially my forehead) feels like it's on fire. I do get some relief from wrapping ice packs around it. But my BP is quite high during these times (usually higher than 150/100). I also get bad chest tightness, burning and fatigue during these episodes which can last for minutes, hours, or days. I've finally been prescribed a medication with alpha blocker that counteracts some of the excessive norepinephrine I produce.

If your burning is caused by excessive norepinephrine, it's often accompanied by high BP.

Also, I've suffered from generalized burning of my skin (mostly feet, hands, face and mouth) for 18 months. Docs think it's small fiber neuropathy.