Update On My Lab Results

Elenapap11

Last week i got some test results back.On Tuesday i was informed that i was given the wrong results and they emailed the right ones.They found high adrenaline,serotonin and extremely high DHEA.Adrenaline was high but within normal limits but my DHEA was over 3000 and the maximum level should not be more than 350.I knew that was not good but today that i spoke to the doctor i felt that once again i have to face another challenge.He told me that i might have adrenal tumour and that i need to have an MRI to check renal system and adrenals.I was so angry that i cannot find the words to express it.I can deal with POTS,epilepsy and all the rest that i have been diagnosed with.Why do i always have to get something new?Why that?The doctor told me that it's nothing to worry about but that's what he always says.I came back home and researched on the net.If the MRI shows that there is a tumour i have to do a surgery,biopsy and God knows what else.

The irony is that i am feeling better at the moment.No POTS crisis.I was so happy....and now back to zero....

I'm sorry if i sound too pessimistic.I just have so many things on my mind right now. ;)

Elena,

While you may be scared right now, this is actually really good news! Many of us have symptoms and no explanation. If yours is caused by a tumor, it may be completely reversible!!!!! Surgery is nothing to look forward to, but if it means an end to your dysautonomia it is fantastic. When my doctors started actually looking at my crazy symptoms, they thought it was a pituitary tumor. Now, I only wish it had been! It would have been out and over with. Don't fret until you KNOW something for sure. Worry over "might be's" will make you crazy!

I guess you are right Firewatcher.I think that what mostly makes me sad is that i am 30 years old and while all my friends are making plans for their weddings,and schedule appointments for baby ultrasounds i am scheduling appointments with doctors and make plans on how to get rid of POTS,asthma,scoliosis,hiatal hernia,acid reflux etc.

My partner was really upset with what the doctor told us and i had to be the brave one.I didn't share my thoughts with anyone today so i had to tell someone...even if i know that i should be looking at the bright side(cause there is one in everything...i guess)

I guess you are right Firewatcher.I think that what mostly makes me sad is that i am 30 years old and while all my friends are making plans for their weddings,and schedule appointments for baby ultrasounds i am scheduling appointments with doctors and make plans on how to get rid of POTS,asthma,scoliosis,hiatal hernia,acid reflux etc.

My partner was really upset with what the doctor told us and i had to be the brave one.I didn't share my thoughts with anyone today so i had to tell someone...even if i know that i should be looking at the bright side(cause there is one in everything...i guess)

Please continue to share your fears, there is no need to be "brave" here. I will be the first of many to admit to being scared! Being sick stinks. It isn't fair. I certainly did not mean to make light of your issues, but if this is fixable: GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need to face this alone. You can be the "non brave one" on this forum.

I'm with Firewatcher. This might be fixable.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone has burdens. I was once 32 with POTS and my friends were doing all the really great things in life. Getting married, having babies, going out to clubs. I was stuck sitting on the bathroom floor with a towel, gingerale, and a realization that I had just missed another christmas party and had canceled on my friends yet once again. My spare money was going to doctors and meds instead of Victoria's Secret. It was not fair.

but, you know what? A few of those friends had horrible marriages and were divorced. Some had to move away from all their friends and family when their husbands were transferred. Some of my friends had babies that have turned into total screaming brats that never sleep and are chronically either wetting their pants or are stinky and sticky. Not everything was perfect for everyone, or as perfect as I thought their lives were. The one friend with terminal cancer has said "if Carrie can do it, I can do it. If she can deal with all that, I can deal with this". Even though my friends were off living their fab lives, apparently they were watching me and when things started to turn ugly for them, they turned to me because they knew POTS had made me a stronger person.

Its hard to see where our path will lead us, but it just may be that the best things in life for you are just on the other side of this ordeal. You are sooo young! Find the little joys where you can find them right now. If it means jumping on the bed, do it. Eating those tiger tail twinkies for dinner- do it. Just remember that our lives are made of chapters, and this is just one of your chapters. Your book has not been written yet.

One big giant hug,

Kits

Kitsakatsa and Firewatcher thank you both for your encouragement.You are both very sweet.I'm sorry for taking so long to reply.I was away all weekend-needed a break from everything-and to day i m going to have an MRI to check my adrenals and kidneys.Wish me luck!

Have a nice day everyone.I hope i'll get back to you with some good news. :)

Big thank you hug:-))))))

I know how you feel - about the missing out part. But once my friendshad a work function they were nagging me to go to - i couldnt as I was too sick at the time with POTS. Turns out there was a brawl and most got in heaps of trouble with written warnings and all this - major dramas that I am glad I wasnt close to in any way LOL.

At least being sick keeps you out of trouble LOL...

I understand how you feel too--I imagine lots of people here do. I'm 31, and still have to live with my parents like a child.

Being sick *****. The news you got could be good in the long run, or it could be more bad news that you'll just have to suck up.

Hang in there and keep looking on the bright side for as long as you can. If there's a tumor there then there's a really good chance you could get better.

I understand how you feel too--I imagine lots of people here do. I'm 31, and still have to live with my parents like a child.

Being sick *****. The news you got could be good in the long run, or it could be more bad news that you'll just have to suck up.

Hang in there and keep looking on the bright side for as long as you can. If there's a tumor there then there's a really good chance you could get better.

Hi Kexia.Eventually my MRI was clear so there is no tumour.I was very relieved but unfortunately the stress triggered pots crisis again.I am at my parents house for the holiday and last night i had to wake them up because i was very unwell.Today i am better but i hate the fact that i got them worried...again!I hope that i'll be well until i go back home because i don't want to ruin their holiday.

Have a wonderful pots-free time everyone and thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and feelings with me.